2018 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

BigOrange1

well the best player in our league's history (right? hg is first or second record-wise) is currently in last in our division. This is definitely as competitive as I remember it ever being, and yeah, everyone in this division is still way alive for the playoffs.

i've got one closer (Hand), who's been pretty great, and who seems certain to be traded to a contender around the trade deadline. I either need to acquire another closer or move Hand and punt the category. I can do a 2-for-1 with my other relievers to make up for the lack of saves for anyone who wants to move a closer. And my other guys will become the closer if their team if the main guy gets hurt, so that's something to keep in mind. send me an offer if you need/want to move a closer.

8 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

looking for an ace.  i have 3 of the top 6 relief pitchers on the player rater and 3 of the top 15 outfielders.  willing to trade one of each for a top 10 starter.

Bauer or Morton qualify?

On 7/6/2018 at 12:49 AM, Goo Punch said:

i've got one closer (Hand), who's been pretty great, and who seems certain to be traded to a contender around the trade deadline. I either need to acquire another closer or move Hand and punt the category. I can do a 2-for-1 with my other relievers to make up for the lack of saves for anyone who wants to move a closer. And my other guys will become the closer if their team if the main guy gets hurt, so that's something to keep in mind. send me an offer if you need/want to move a closer.

Let’s do a deal. I need offense.

It’s remarkable, really. As of today, I’m dead last in EVERY offensive category. I don’t think I could do that again this far into the season if I tried. 

jesus my scheduling has been brutal lately. last week BO gained 5 games on me when had he played me i would have swept all 6 offensive categories; i just happened to play an offensive monster. this week beer is going in with no lube. by 2pm today his team already had 9 HR, which itself is more than the combined total HR of any other matchup. He's even single-handedly got more RBI (19) than Champ vs Pants (16). i completely sacrifice pitching for hitting and this is my run down the stretch. brutal. 

Edited by Goo Punch

I officially hate Rhys Hoskins. Eugenio Suarez can fuck off as well. Those two alone have 12 HR and 21 RBI his week. Only one other TEAM in this league has more than 12 HR this week, and only 6 teams have more RBI. Absolutely brutal.

My team is is having it's worst week of the season anyway (jose ramirez is 0/14), but getting bludgeoned to death still hurts. 

Edited by Goo Punch

I'm looking to add a good stating pitcher, on par with/slightly better than Clevenger whom i just added. I'm offering Hader or Osuna + either a SP or 2B (although both 2B are currently out- I have DJL and Cano returning soon) in return.

Edited by Goo Punch

two weeks ago hg set a league record with 57 rbi against me

then pickle rick dropped 17 bombs and 42 rbi with 6 steals to boot the next week

now bros is going for .353/1.148 through 5 days if the matchup

edit: make that .361 and 1.151

trading all of my pitching to build "the best offense in the league" is not going according to plan. i've traded Kershaw, Greinke, Paxton, Stripling nd more just to make sure i win at offense and i've gone from 1st in the league with tie breakers over all but one team to getting my ass handed to me every week because whoever i'm playing is having the offensive week of his life. how many more weeks until the playoffs start? and what's the format again?

Edited by Goo Punch

On 8/8/2018 at 10:37 AM, NOMAAA said:

8 offers in 5 minutes. It’s about a month later and I still don’t want hader. 

He's the closer in Milwaukee now. 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K tonight. You should have taken him.

He's still on the block if anyone wants to grab him, although I'm not entirely sure when the playoffs start, so time may be running out.