wc day 13 :: reservoir dog

Hagbard Celine

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

pretty sure the denmark france game is about to get hella boring since the Danes know they just pretty much are moving on

Could be, but if you are Denmark, I think you would feel infinitely more confident avoiding Croatia.  If it is still scoreless at 75 mins, I think you will see some strategic subs to protect players from suspension/injury.

so, honest question, how the hell did you find this place?

Goes back to a now dead forum in Aus that someone posted a link to a classic on Shaggy, I felt a kinship to you fuckers and just stuck around like a bad smell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Could be, but if you are Denmark, I think you would feel infinitely more confident avoiding Croatia.  If it is still scoreless at 75 mins, I think you will see some strategic subs to protect players from suspension/injury.

I guess? The teams that come out of Group D are going to be pretty rough. Croatia 1 and either Nigeria-Argentina as 2.

5 minutes ago, Spartan52 said:

Goes back to a now dead forum in Aus that someone posted a link to a classic on Shaggy, I felt a kinship to you fuckers and just stuck around like a bad smell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a similar experience with an old Dundee FC forum in Scotland. I've never been to the UK, much less Dundee Scotland.

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

100% agree. You shouldn't know who your next opponent is until the draw.

Plus, Putin can make sure Russia draws the weakest team.

It puts the group G&H teams at a major disadvantage so there'd have to be some work arounds. If you move the R16 back a couple of days and stipulate those teams can't play the first day I don't think it would be that bad, but if a Group A team draws a Group G team and there's no extra rest they'd have three more days of rest.

8 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

I wish this was logistically feasible because it would be a lot of fun.

With a corrupt FIFA that is the worst freaking idea I have heard in a long time. Let teams choose their future. I do not mind a we are trying to lose game. That means the team trying to lose has done what they need too in the first two games. Screw the teams in need of them playing well. They did not do what they needed to do.

7 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

It puts the group G&H teams at a major disadvantage so there'd have to be some work arounds. If you move the R16 back a couple of days and stipulate those teams can't play the first day I don't think it would be that bad, but if a Group A team draws a Group G team and there's no extra rest they'd have three more days of rest.

A solution would be to heavily stack the last match days of the group. RIght now we have 4 days of 4 matches each. You could easily have 2 days and 8 matches per day. That would wrap up the group stage 2 days early and allow for the draw, travel and training.

It might be a small logistical nightmare, but would make the final day a hell of a lot more interesting.

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

He's "retired" from Argentina more times than I can remember. He hates the way they play & the way they choose the squad. But he's loyal and feels the urge to give back. Then they treat him like shit when he misses a penalty.

He's done.

Messi has retired from the national team a grand total of ONE time.

If the number 1 is more than you can remember, perhaps following sports is not for you.

Messi is a temperamental little bitch who makes Carlos Tevez look even-keeled. After his "performance" in game 2, he shouldn't be in the starting lineup. Several of Argentina's core players have been playing together for about a decade. If they don't know how to play together then they are fucking idiots who shouldn't be on the field.

The WILLY CABALLERO decision is on Sampaoli, but everything else with the team is a bunch of whining bitches who choose not to try. It will be nice when they are gone and Sampaoli can call in players who really give a shit and want to play balls out.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Messi has retired from the national team a grand total of ONE time.

If the number 1 is more than you can remember, perhaps following sports is not for you.

Note the "quotations". He talks about retiring every fucking tournament. 

And get the fuck outta here. I was following/playing soccer when you were pooping colors, son.

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

1. Messi has retired from the national team a grand total of ONE time.

2. If the number 1 is more than you can remember, perhaps following sports is not for you.

1. I remember two: after losing Centenario and vs Croatia as he walked around the field for 90 mins... I kid I kid. 

2. What’s the point in insulting him man. Just correct him and call it a day. So fucking unnecessary. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Note the "quotations". He talks about retiring every fucking tournament. 

And get the fuck outta here. I was following/playing soccer when you were pooping colors, son.

I saw Pele score to beat the Dallas Tornado at Ownby Stadium...

So I'm very impressed with how old you are.  😴

27 minutes ago, JNip said:

1. I remember two: after losing Centenario and vs Croatia as he walked around the field for 90 mins... I kid I kid. 

2. What’s the point in insulting him man. Just correct him and call it a day. So fucking unnecessary. 

1) I stand corrected. You aren't wrong.

I think I heard on Telemundo a few days ago that Messi moved less in the game vs Croatia than any other field player in the World Cup so far that had played the full 90 minutes. I believe that GKs Neuer & another one had also run more in matches than Messi ran in Game 2. 

Is he just a bitch? Was he throwing the match? Who knows? But his display was pitiful and he should have been subbed off.

2) I'm just really annoyed with Messi and there are plenty of things to complain about without inventing shit that didn't happen. 

Just point out that he is a lazy bitch and has played with some many of these players for so long that it is ridiculous for them not to know how to play together.

_ _ FIFA U-20 World Cup 2005 Roster _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ FIFA U-20 World Cup 2007 Roster _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 2008 Olympic Soccer Roster _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Argentina_2005_U-20_World_Cup.pngArgentina_2007_U-20_World_Cup.pngScreen_Shot_2018-06-26_at_3.10.09_AM.png

The core of this team should be able to play with each other blindfolded.

I will pull for them to win, but I will be happy that the core of this team will be gone if they lose. (I guess that I win either way.) However, I will be extremely annoyed if they get rid of Sampaoli and don't allow him to bring the 2012-2016 Chilean style to the albiceleste with the new kids on the block. Simeone & Martinez are perfect fits for his system. Better than Icardi, but I'm fairly sure that Icardi will also get his shot with the squad to show that he will run his ass off. Messi won't be around to cock block his inclusion anymore.

Edited by Napoleon

30 minutes ago, JNip said:

If Germany gets second tomorrow, I expect Brazil to also get second in the later game. 

Like Portugal they will try to tie and hope that Serbia does not score a last second goal? See Iran last minute miss.

Edited by DanTheHorn