2023 Roland-Garros

Fritz should do quite well at Wimbledon & the US Open this year, if healthy. 

He was never going to do that well at Roland Garros. 

This appears to be a pretty good year for him mentally once he gets off the clay. Not looking back, just looking forward. 

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

Hmm . . a women's doubles team was disqualified after one player hit a ball that struck a ballgirl.  Looked pretty benign in the 1:20 long video I saw but I guess those are the rules.

Overreaction and bush league call by Roland Garros officials.

That ball girl needs to put on her big girl panties and stop being a little bitch. She saw that ball coming a ways before it hit her. Most of these ball boys/ball girls are tennis enthusiasts themselves. You're telling me she's never been pegged by a tennis ball playing tennis?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Hmm . . a women's doubles team was disqualified after one player hit a ball that struck a ballgirl.  Looked pretty benign in the 1:20 long video I saw but I guess those are the rules.

12 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Overreaction and bush league call by Roland Garros officials.

That ball girl needs to put on her big girl panties and stop being a little bitch. She saw that ball coming a ways before it hit her. Most of these ball boys/ball girls are tennis enthusiasts themselves. You're telling me she's never been pegged by a tennis ball playing tennis?

11 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Jesus shit, that is ridiculous. 

1) Someone needs to pelt that ball girl with a couple of paint balls.

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Know you fucked up when Alize is the voice of reason. SST & Bouzkova are getting demolished online. 

Then that person needs to unload the rest of the paintballs on SST… and maybe one or two on Bouzkova, because I find her attractive so I would like to limit her pain. Maybe her back or something. 

But that fucking ball girl crying like a bitch. Are you fucking kidding me?!

That sucks that they don’t get their prize money, because they rely one the grand slams to tread water during the year. 

On 6/3/2023 at 12:27 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

Fritz is such a mental midget in slams. This draw was wide open for him and he crashes out to a guy who has never made the second week of a slam. He needs to find a new instagram sloot to bang because his current one aint helping

The guy that Fritz “crashed out to” had this match against Rune… on clay. 
IMG_2880.thumb.jpeg.048d6fa814782084afc76fe997c17580.jpeg

If you don’t know who Francisco Cerúndolo is, that’s okay. Not everyone who posts on this board lived in Argentina 🇦🇷 for a number of years and picked up Argentine citizenship, but he just outplayed Holger Rune in a tough loss. He broke more times, won more service games, won more total points than Rune. 
IMG_2881.thumb.jpeg.230e3b0ef93d1034d102daed8ef64057.jpeg

Fritz would have lost in straight sets to Rune in Paris. Francisco is just a better clay court player than Fritz at this point in history and both players and the media know it. 

Edited by Napoleon

The woman (especially) and the other two on the Tennis Podcast like to whine on and on about women not being the featured night match, but what do you say to the fans who bought tickets to a night session featuring the #1 seed vs another woman playing very well and representing her embattled country on the court…

…when the entire night session is over in fewer than 30 minutes and some fans haven’t even made it to their seats yet?

6 fucking games??

Women withdraw at such a high rate that you can’t depend on a single women’s match. This wasn’t the Romanian-Canadian or the stout Latvian either… but here are two players that you would expect to slug it out. 

6 fucking games!

18 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The guy that Fritz “crashed out to” had this match against Rune… on clay. 
IMG_2880.thumb.jpeg.048d6fa814782084afc76fe997c17580.jpeg

If you don’t know who Francisco Cerúndolo is, that’s okay. Not everyone who posts on this board lived in Argentina 🇦🇷 for a number of years and picked up Argentine citizenship, but he just outplayed Holger Rune in a tough loss. He broke more times, won more service games, won more total points than Rune. 
IMG_2881.thumb.jpeg.230e3b0ef93d1034d102daed8ef64057.jpeg

Fritz would have lost in straight sets to Rune in Paris. Francisco is just a better clay court player than Fritz at this point in history and both players and the media know it. 

I watched a good amount of that match. Good players, but damn that set with the horrible call, where the umpire awarded Rune a point for "hindrance" that Cerundolo clearly won, was rough by both players. I do hope Rune fares better in his QF rematch against Ruud.

4 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I didn’t watch the match, but apparently Coco intentionally pegged Iga with a ball during the match and coco gave a faux apology. I bet the Frenchies weren’t too happy about that 

I bet they LOVED that shit! 

Also, this was likely Iva’s longest match by time, because it was 2 games longer (18 games) than Iga’s two longest matches so far (16 games).

Rune went off the court after the end of the second set and must have had a quadruple espresso because he looks like he has finished his warmup and is now awake and ready to play. 

He looked hungover or like he couldn’t fall asleep last night due to nerves the first two sets. 

Jim Courier said that Tsitsipas said last night that he had taken melatonin to help him sleep the night before and felt groggy last night. That can definitely be the case and Rune was playing like he took melatonin at 4am after not being able to sleep and was still trying to work it out of his system. 

Don’t know what was wrong with Rune, but he was tired & lifeless coming into the match. 

Sleep deprivation, sleep medication, allergies (no rain in Paris this fortnight), or something else had him looking & playing like shit. I hope that he gets it figured out before the hard court season, because he’s fun to watch when he is up for a match. 

Don’t know what his game will be like on grass, but he has a massive serve (at times) and isn’t afraid to serve & volley, so he may be an all-surface player when his body is good.  

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Miyu Kato, the viciously horrific assassin that almost murdered the poor ball girl, is in the mixed final with some dude named Tim Puetz against Bianca/Michael Venus. 

Would be pretty cool to see her hold the trophy after that bullshit railroad job. 

Hai!

1) Muchova was down 2-5 (0-30) at one point before winning 20 of the next 24 points. She also faced a Match Point at 30-40 in that game.

2) Iga hadn’t given up more than 4 games in any set and had only lost 15 games in her first 5 rounds, which includes a walkover @ 5-1 in one match.

It was something else to actually go to a tie-breaker in a set.

3) Clearest explanation of what happened to Miyu Kato before getting disqualified in the women’s doubles.

IMG_2965.jpeg.6463863cfae18a782feb4d180f4dd975.jpegIMG_2966.thumb.jpeg.dacf873014a34fc49c5131cacf2d53e7.jpeg

In the 3+ minute highlight video I watched, Miyu looked like a voyeur with a great view of a 2-on-1 match on a clay court. Her partner won that title and she pitched in like a 10 year-old sibling who was invited by a college-aged brother who was in charge of babysitting while home over the summer.

Happy to see her win and Andreescu lose. ❤️x2

I’m watching the 2nd set tiebreaker in the replay of Swiatek v Haddad Maia on The Tennis Channel and it is shocking how empty the stadium is for a semifinal featuring the #1 player in the world / reigning tournament champion. 

Some of the lower sections are at 20% capacity of less. Some other sections are 75% or higher, but total capacity for a Thursday evening semifinal in early summer is probably 55% to 60%. 

PS- Just watched Haddad Maia duff a volley into the net that would have put her up 6-3 in the tiebreaker. Wow. Didn’t watch it live, but she fucked herself royally. 

This match is being played at a slightly high level. 

And the stands aren’t nearly as full as they were at the start of the match. 

[This was written between the end of the 2nd set and the start of the 3rd, but I got a phone call.]

I was away from the TV.

Now I’m listening to what they are saying about what happened right before I got back to the TV. 

That sucks. I hate Djokovic. He’s incredible, but I still hate him. 

Edited by Napoleon