Supreme Court Justice Kennedy to Retire at the end of July

Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

No, it's you who doesn't understand the electoral system by confusing its results with the will of the people.  And spare us the nonsense of Trump doing better in a popular vote system.   

No, it is you who doesnt understand the difference between the will of the people in a representative republic and a true democracy. Spoiler alert, we are a representative republic, I know, it's shocking! 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

No, it is you who doesnt understand the difference between the will of the people in a representative republic and a true democracy. Spoiler alert, we are a representative republic, I know, it's shocking! 

You're only proving my point. 

11 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

No, it's you who doesn't understand the electoral system by confusing its results with the will of the people.  And spare us the nonsense of Trump doing better in a popular vote system.   

Senate, House and Presidency are all leaning Red.  That's the will of the people.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Good luck with the Constitutional conventions. It is a hell of a process to amend the Constitution. I know you and your liberal buds have figured this out, that is why you all get so butthurt when judges that actually uphold the oath and defend our Constitution are selected. You prefer to have whackjobs like Sotomayor and Ginsburg "re-interpret" the Constitution and pervert it to mean whatever the fuck the flavor of the day for the libtards is. 

Of course I do. That's politics. Liberals will be in charge of the Court again. And that's when this country makes progress. Your side impedes progress by design. But you can't stop it.

That's a good thing.

32 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Oh my sweet summer child. Politicians make decisions based on who pays them the most.

Not entirely and we saw proof of it last week when Trump walked back the zero tolerance policy due to PUBLIC PRESSURE.

Politicians pay close attention to public opinion.  The people that pay them also work to shape public opinion.

6 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

No, it's the result of restraints our system imposes on the will of the people. 

But if eligible voters actually voted, this country would shift to the left because that's where the majority of the population is ideologically. Republicans know this, which is why they are the party that wants to make it more difficult to vote.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

But if eligible voters actually voted, this country would shift to the left because that's where the majority of the population is ideologically. Republicans know this, which is why they are the party that wants to make it more difficult to vote.

So you want more uninformed and non-motivated voters? No thanks, the bar is low enough already for people to vote. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Maybe if you include all the illegals but they shouldn't be voting. 

Interestingly enough, Trump seems to be making decisions in a very pragmatic way and siding with populists on pretty much every issue.  It's almost as if he isn't an ideologue and is listening to what a majority of people want. 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, udaydanceparty said:

Maybe if you include all the illegals but they shouldn't be voting. 

Interestingly enough, Trump seems to be making decisions in a very pragmatic way and siding with populists on pretty much every issue.  It's almost as if he isn't an ideologue and is listening to what a majority of people want. 

No, I'm including everyone. This country is center left.

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

We will go to a popular vote, but IDs are required for voting, deal?

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Yeah, I'm really wishing that Reid had let the Rs block all the judges Obama put on the courts after that. (roll eyes).   McConnell would have done the exact same thing anyway and we'd have no judges to show for it. 

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

Then talk about the will of the electors or states, not the will of the American people. 

If only there would have been known rules in place...of how the President of the US was elected!!! 

No one told Hlllary!!! 

DAMN IT!!!   None of this would have been a problem!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

If only there would have been known rules in place...of how the President of the US was elected!!! 

No one told Hlllary!!! 

DAMN IT!!!   None of this would have been a problem!!!! 

The good news is Democrats will be in charge again. Enjoy it while you can. We sure did.

6 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

When? In 2018? 2020? 2024? 2028? 

I expect they will control the House beginning with the next Congress. I think they'll win the White House and Senate in 2020. But if not then, it will happen eventually. It always does. That's politics in America. You've seen pictures.

48 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This must be the B-team of trolls today. Not nearly as good as the A-team last week.

Vince McCoy Williams Royal Applewhite Nobis is one of our more aggy type trolls. Those are among the least entertaining and more annoying of trolldom. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Vince McCoy Williams Royal Applewhite Nobis is one of our more aggy type trolls. Those are among the least entertaining and more annoying of trolldom. 

So I wish everyone would STOP FUCKING QUOTING HIM GOD DAMNIT DAVID DENNISON

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

So you're down with packing the Supreme Court? 

It depends on who they are stacking them with.  If they are stacking them with judicial activists, then no.. i'm not okay with that.  I'd much rather have a court that is predictable and consistent.  I don't want a judge that puts their 2 cents interpretation on every piece of legislation and tries to change it to suit what's best for their political side. 

I asked before if anyone had a reason why they didn't like any of the front runners.  So far it's just cliche generalizations about the coming apocalypse.

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I expect they will control the House beginning with the next Congress. I think they'll win the White House and Senate in 2020. But if not then, it will happen eventually. It always does. That's politics in America. You've seen pictures.

Sure, then you shouldnt get upset about anything since the pendulum will always swing, but you are always unhinged. Odd

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Sure, then you shouldnt get upset about anything since the pendulum will always swing, but you are always unhinged. Odd

I'm not upset at all. I know this is temporary. I don't think Donald Trump threatens the republic. I know he doesn't threaten me. I'm a white man. 

9 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

He doesnt threaten anyone, wake up, he is fighting for individual liberty

No, he isn't. He's an unfit buffoon who threatens the safety and security of millions of people in this country, many of whom voted for him to their own personal detriment.

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

No, he isn't. He's an unfit buffoon who threatens the safety and security of millions of people in this country, many of whom voted for him to their own personal detriment.

Saying something doesnt make it true. He is putting American citizens first for the first time in a long time. I have seen nothing but prosperity since he has taken office. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Ah yes the popular vote argument. Never fails. 

We are the United STATES of America. Every STATE votes on the president.  Every STATE has electors that vote based of an election in the STATE. Not just LA and NY overpowering the masses. Get a grip. 

Hey, thanks for the lesson, VMW!  None of us ever knew how that works?

Yeesh.  Glad you paid attention in 7th grade.

8 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Saying something doesnt make it true. He is putting American citizens first for the first time in a long time. I have seen nothing but prosperity since he has taken office. 

Please list how he has fought for individual liberty and has directly caused the nothing but prosperity that you have seen. 

13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

FWIW, this kind of rhetoric makes you look silly.

9 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

That prosperity existed well before he took office. This is the Obama economy. It's been growing apace since March 2009.

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

At least you are honest about it - that this is, nor ever was about altruism, but rather a way to simply import more votes.  

It's both, obviously, and it goes both ways. If you look at Mexican immigrants, for example, many of their children and grandchildren vote Republican.