Hannibal - TV Series

wutang75

I looked for a thread from back in the day but couldn’t find one. After hearing about this for years I finally decided to give it a shot and I’m glad I did. Almost finished with Season 1 and highly recommend it for those of you who haven’t seen it. I’ve read it gets better still. This is like Criminal Minds on steroids with better writing and acting intertwined with a sophisticated Hannibal storyline. Also, how was this on NBC? This show did a truly horrifying mushrooms storyline way before The Last of Us.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

It’s pretty amazing what they were able to get away with on a broadcast network.  They also did a phenomenal job, in my opinion, of finding a middle ground cinematic look that was too good for television but also somewhat consistent with how you expect a television show to look (in other words, it doesn’t look like something that should be on a big screen, too).  

I’d also advise quitting after season 2.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Mads Mikkelsen was just a treat to watch every episode 

Yeah, in support of this I’ll add that his take on Lecter was terrific-I’m sure Bryan Fuller is at least partly responsible but I love how he’s written to be (very) darkly funny.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I've only seen season 1.
Phenomenal.
Somewhere along season 2 I lost track.
There's a season 3?

If you thought Season 1 was phenomenal, Season 2 is must see for you. I’m halfway though Season 3 and jury is still out. It’s definitely a lot different.

Great show, agree about how was NBC able to put this on broadcast tv.  In fact I might need to d/l and watch again it was so good.  Just rewatched Six Feet Under because everything else is done for the season and we ain't got no football.

ps. i called dibs on caroline dhavernas on the old site

Edited by TOR

3 hours ago, wutang75 said:

If you thought Season 1 was phenomenal, Season 2 is must see for you. I’m halfway though Season 3 and jury is still out. It’s definitely a lot different.

Season 2 drops most of the network gimmicks and is more focused on the Hannibal/Will relationship. It’s just a level most network Tv can’t get to and it’s awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1

I wonder how many would recognize Richard Armitage as Dolarhyde.   

I'd seen him in a BBC tv show called MI-5  (Released as "Spooks" in Britain, I believe) and really liked him. Thought he was terrific as Frances Dolarhyde.  And Thorin Oakenshield, for that matter.

Hannibal was probably the most haunting tv show I'd seen.  The atmosphere was gothic, dreamlike, and it promoted a general sense of unease.  I thought Kubrick would've been proud of how it got straight to the subconscious.

Edited by Augustus