2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!

Js1

Things will change but RPI futures has the top 4 as Nebraska, Wisconsin, Louisville, Oregon. I wouldn’t want to be sent to any of them, but we will travel if we get past round 2. I’d probably pick Eugene because I want nothing to do with Nebraska, Louisville or Wisconsin right now. 

Morrison and aggy follow that big road win over top 5 Florida with a 3-1 clunker against Mizzou

WSU knocked off Oregon. They are legit. Wins over BYU, Texas, Oregon, Baylor

NC State knocks off Louisville in 4

season 3 chaos grenade GIF by Billions

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

First RPI is out

Texas is the highest ranked Big 12 team at #9

1 Wisconsin
2 Nebraska
3 Stanford
4 Oregon
5 Washington St.
6 Florida
7 Lousivlle
8 Penn St.
9 Texas
10 Georgia Tech

16 BYU
26 Baylor
28 Kansas
30 UCF
31 Long Beach St.
32 Iowa State
34 TCU
37 Rice
55 Houston
89 Texas Tech
95 KSU
109 OU
124 Cincinnati
187 West Virginia

We have 2 matches against Baylor, 2 against KU, 1 against UCF, 1 against ISU, 1 against TCU.  7 more top 50 matches and UH is on the cusp of top 50 (2 with them).  Luckily, we only have Tech once, KSU once  One against Cincinnati and 2 against WV is going to hurt our RPI a little bit, they are abysmal.   

Edited by Js1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

It sucks but that first match is likely going to be our RPI killer without O'Neal. 

Losses to #3 and #5 in RPI wouldn't hurt us that much. 

#31 RPI and the first match of the season isn't a resume killer.  The committee usually takes into account injuries. 

We can offset that by sweeping the rest of our top 55 matches.  12-3 against the top 55 would be fine. 

We are not getting a top 4 seed.  But if we can work ourselves into the 5-7 range, that would be fine.  Avoid the #8 overall and being sent to #1 overall. 

First career conference weekly award for Bella Bergmark - Defensive Player of the Week

Bergmark helped lead the Longhorns to back-to-back wins over then-No. 9 BYU with six total blocks in each match. The strategic communication major ranked second among Big 12 players with 1.50 blocks per set for the week while helping to extend UT’s home Big 12 winning streak to 69 straight matches.

Parra was Offensive Player of the Week - had a 34 kill match against TT and is the only TCU player in program history with multiple 34 kill matches. Only Big 12 player this year with multiple 30 kill matches. 

They need to stick with Kahahawi. 

Our block is already really good and if you add her to the mix the block becomes a major problem for other teams. Wenaas is not giving us enough offensively to justify playing time. Stick with the player that adds to the block and can take a smart approach offensively like she did tonight. 

4 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

how has melanie been doing, do you know?  i wish she was still here with her whip of an arm.  i bet she doesn't need a perfect set every time to do something with the ball.

Don’t look, bc she’s crushing it at TCU. She’s had two 30+ kill matches 

Edited by Js1

• blacklab changed the title to 2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!