2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!

Js1

Did some searching,  thought the event may have been free - wrong !    Scotty Mcreery concert after.    Regardless, great even for WVB.  Good article below.

Tickets to the outdoor match will not be part of the Nebraska volleyball season-ticket package and must be purchased separately. Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Wednesday, April 26. A ticket will gain entrance to both volleyball matches and the concert. Tickets will be $25 for adults and $5 for high school age and under

https://huskers.com/news/2023/2/24/volleyball-day-in-nebraska-coming-to-memorial-stadium

44 minutes ago, torre said:

Did some searching,  thought the event may have been free - wrong !    Scotty Mcreery concert after.    Regardless, great even for WVB.  Good article below.

Tickets to the outdoor match will not be part of the Nebraska volleyball season-ticket package and must be purchased separately. Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Wednesday, April 26. A ticket will gain entrance to both volleyball matches and the concert. Tickets will be $25 for adults and $5 for high school age and under

https://huskers.com/news/2023/2/24/volleyball-day-in-nebraska-coming-to-memorial-stadium

not sure if the real truth has come out yet.  no way they got 92k there selling tickets.  still, a great night for volleyball and womens sports.  i predict we have a game in dkr within the next three years.

6 hours ago, torre said:

The media did a good job burying the lede with the concert. Not sure if 90K fans would have shown up without the concert following the match. I bet we could break 100K attendance for a womens soccer match if we played it in DKR and it was followed by a Taylor Swift concert.

10 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

The media did a good job burying the lede with the concert. Not sure if 90K fans would have shown up without the concert following the match. I bet we could break 100K attendance for a womens soccer match if we played it in DKR and it was followed by a Taylor Swift concert.

They sold 82K tickets before they had an artist for the concert.

10 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

scotty mcreery != taylor swift

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Nebraska has a diehard fanbase that sucks at every sport except volleyball. It's their only outlet for success. 

Basically. You might get 50k to fill out Hawaii’s football stadium but the state of Nebraska and volleyball is just different. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Not a lot of luck going our way early in the year. 

She’s dressed and warming up. Maybe a bad rumor bc she apparently missed a lot of the national championship celebration yesterday. 

she’s starting. Phew 

Edited by Js1

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Ella needs to call some people off these balls. The communication errors are so amateur 

I think Emma and Ella will get better and more assertive as the season goes on. We have too many front row players trying to pass the ball that should be left to back row.

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Skinner has been off all season and hit .083 today. Without her getting back to her old form this teams ceiling is pretty low.

She started slow last year as I recall too. But it’s definitely the setting. Swindle will grow and get better, but it’s going to be a “get hot by the end of the year” type thing 

14 hours ago, Js1 said:

She started slow last year as I recall too. But it’s definitely the setting. Swindle will grow and get better, but it’s going to be a “get hot by the end of the year” type thing 

I think that's been Skinner her entire career. Even at Kentucky. 

She struggles in non-conference play, gets better in conference play, and then is really good come tournament time. Kind of weird. I wonder what the cause is as there definitely seems to be a pattern. 

Including yesterday, Monday is the second in our five game homestand before we go to OU to start Big 12 play. 

FGCU - swept 3-0

Rice - 3-3 with a win over #22 USC, but also lost to ULL (0-3), Baylor (1-3) and Stanford (0-3)

Ohio State - 3-3 and on a 3-game losing streak to ranked teams (1-3 and 1-3 to Georgia Tech and 0-3 to Stanford).  They also play Oregon prior to us, so they could come in 3-4.

Washington State - 8-1, with a 3-1 win over #8 BYU, but also lost 1-3 to #4 Louisville.  Play Baylor before us

Would be really nice to go 4-1 over the homestand and start Big 12 play 6-2.  Washington State will be a big test. 

Edited by Js1

Texas moves up a spot to #6 ahead of Rice match tonight at 6pm.  I believe we are the only D-1 team in action today.

1 Wisconsin
2 Louisville
3 Florida
4 Nebraska
5 Stanford
6 Texas

9 Minnesota

11 Washington State

12 BYU

18 Baylor

19 Ohio State

20 Kansas

22 Houston

23 Iowa State

Schedule looks a little more stout and the Big 12 a little tougher - 6 teams ranked. 2 of our next 3 matches are against top 20 opponents. 

Edited by Js1

• blacklab changed the title to 2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!