2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!

Js1

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

How did powerhouse Long Beach State do? 

Man, call it a mulligan. No O’Neal and from what I’ve read (bc I didn’t see either match last weekend), Swindle and Barnes just looked way more comfortable tonight 

• Hook 'Em 3

Not sure why O'Neal didn't play last week but its good to have her back. 11:30am match against #2 Stanford Sunday. Someone needs to hand out free red bull to the students to make sure they're awake and full of energy. I can't recall us ever having a morning home opener

Edited by perfectchaos007

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

Man, call it a mulligan. No O’Neal and from what I’ve read (bc I didn’t see either match last weekend), Swindle and Barnes just looked way more comfortable tonight 

Not having O'Neal hurt from a talent perspective but also just in terms of continuity. The first match was almost an entirely new roster that had never played together outside of a few players. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Not having O'Neal hurt from a talent perspective but also just in terms of continuity. The first match was almost an entirely new roster that had never played together outside of a few players. 

I mean, no Asjia, communication was a mess, Barnes and Swindle looked nervous and the Jenna 6 rotation thing ended quickly and hasn’t reappeared. We have enough littles that she can ease into 6 rotations - between Barnes and Akana, someone can DS for her 

48 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The Nebraska match at the football stadium is pretty cool. Hate them, but it’s cool

Much better match on SECN - #1 Wisky down 0-1 to #21 Arky.

Logan Eggleston is doing color commentary 😍

It looks great. I wonder if other programs will do something similar? I just don't know that even we could sell out DKR for a volleyball game, unless it was against a certain team. With Nebraska, they would sell out regardless. 

I almost wanted the match to be against someone other than Omaha for more of a highlight. 

39 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It looks great. I wonder if other programs will do something similar? I just don't know that even we could sell out DKR for a volleyball game, unless it was against a certain team. With Nebraska, they would sell out regardless. 

I almost wanted the match to be against someone other than Omaha for more of a highlight. 

When it’s volleyball day in Nebraska you have take care of the state schools which is why you had the Wayne/UNK opener, plus you got more Nebraska kids as part of it. (Omaha’s Middle Blocker is a down the line cousin so that added a little to it for me too)

51 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Probably not. I know Elliot was trying to get one at AAC the night before TX/OU

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

The Nebraska match at the football stadium is pretty cool. Hate them, but it’s cool

Much better match on SECN - #1 Wisky down 0-1 to #21 Arky.

Logan Eggleston is doing color commentary 😍

Well, there were in excess of 92,000 fans to attend that game….perhaps the largest crowd to ever watch a lady’s sporting event….Neb fans do show up.

• blacklab changed the title to 2023 Texas Volleyball - Back to Back!