adding wifi to a computer that doesn't have it

So I've got a prospective tenant for my furnished rental.  She says that she needs ethernet because her computer doesn't have wifi. 

I didn't wire that unit for ethernet, as I never anticipated the need. 

I'm looking online, and it looks like a simple  USB device will connect her with wifi and can be had for 20 bucks or so.  Am I missing something?  Is it plug-and-play or more complex?

Furnished rental doesn't have basic cable in the deal?  

Internet (Wi-Fi) and smart tv included. All wireless.
Wifi extender with Ethernet port is an easy solution.  Search Amazon using that 

Thx. I have google mesh but I will check out your suggestion.

doesn't have wifi?

1564955100942.png.edf4adedb7b578a578f1a8711da09c07.png

pretty much the only computers that wouldn't have it are home builts with really cheap boards that don't have it built in.  in which case she or whoever built it would know it's about $20 to add a wifi card. 

reception is better with a remote antenna that can be placed somewhere not right next to a steel box.  antennas use a standard screw-on connector, so it's not an issue to add later. 

7 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

You have google mesh or there’s google mesh in the unit? The google pucks have an Ethernet port. 

I have a google mesh system, but the units don't have any ports.  I'm looking at one right now. 

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

The routers have ports, but the Point extenders don't.

I have a set of four pucks. They’re literally identical and only the initial setup process distinguishes their functionality. I used them for years, one of them hardwired with Ethernet for a desktop upstairs that struggled with USB network cards. 

Now, as I wrote, it’s entirely possible that they removed the ports from later versions, but they absolutely did all have ports. 

IMG_0010.jpeg

2 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

From Wikipedia:

My bad for not knowing OP didn’t have Ethernet but, in my defense, I did write “google pucks” and not Nest. 

IMG_3679.jpeg

Still a good suggestion, one I'd probably prefer myself. If doesn't have one with ports can replace or add a router version that has ports. Gives more range and/or solves problem. eBay has single ones for ~ $40.

36 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Still a good suggestion, one I'd probably prefer myself. If doesn't have one with ports can replace or add a router version that has ports. Gives more range and/or solves problem. eBay has single ones for ~ $40.

Removing the ports seems like a regression to me. As I said above, I had a desktop upstairs and USB wireless was very spotty. The google pucks were bulletproof and allowed me to use the desktop’s Ethernet port. I only stopped using them when fiber finally got here and they didn’t have enough throughput to take full advantage. 

Not sure why the tenant can’t use USB but, yeah, an extender with an Ethernet port sounds like a good solution if wifi won’t work.