2024 DL D'antre Robinson

Getafix

20 hours ago, immamac said:

If he committed to Bo Davis and not to TEXAS do not want anyway, need culture bought in mother fuckers not divas trying to look out for numero uno. Good luck to him it's late in the recruiting season and everyone has already probably taken other takes over him. seems weird, but understandable at some level.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Dude is from Florida. He has no reason to commit to TEXAS, so of course he committed to the coaches. 

Once Harbaugh leaves to the NFL to run away from his cheating scandal like Pete Carroll, and another round of 30 day portal madness opens, Sark and his new DL coach will find a portal take to fill this spot.

It's not ideal to have to replace guys on the DL in the portal but after spring there will also be some smaller G5 or Big 12/ACC/weak P2 teams that will have a grad transfer standout DT looking to upgrade his NFL scout visibility on a top program. 

• Hook 'Em 1

D'antre who? I'm glad he is going to go home to hang around with other entitled 4 stars back home. Now, they can all play grab-ass on the bench for 4 years in Florida while our guys are being developed to win championships. Give me a roster of low rated guys who bleed orange and kneel at the Sark of the Covenant. We can go portal hunting for players from smaller schools that want to play ball, not be entitled drama queens. Good riddance.

Did I do that right?

Edited by BurntOrangeCrush
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

D'antre who? I'm glad he is going to go home to hang around with other entitled 4 stars back home. Now, they can all play grab-ass on the bench for 4 years in Florida while our guys are being developed to win championships. Give me a roster of low rated guys who bleed orange and kneel at the Sark of the Covenant. We can go portal hunting for players from smaller schools that players that want to play ball, not be entitled drama queens. Good riddance.

Did I do that right?

You forgot to compare him to Cecil Cherry, Davante Davis, Devonaire Clarington, and Gilbert Johnson. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Charlie Strong took a lot of pride in his Florida pipeline. To his credit, he was able to recruit a lot of Floridians to Texas, but for the most part they were players that were overlooked by their in-state programs at the time. During those years it’s no surprise we had the talent level of USF, which also became Chuck’s next coaching destination

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

You forgot to compare him to Cecil Cherry, Davante Davis, Du'Vonta Lampkin, Devonaire Clarington, and Gilbert Johnson. 

This is why I'm not worried about losing Robinson.  I can't think of a recruit that had a great career somewhere else after backing out of an LOI at Texas.

Removed Davante Davis because I think he played all 4 years at Texas...Lampkin, while not from Florida, is the only other dude I can think of that got a release from his LOI.

19 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

This is why I'm not worried about losing Robinson.  I can't think of a recruit that had a great career somewhere else after backing out of an LOI at Texas.

Removed Davante Davis because I think he played all 4 years at Texas...Lampkin, while not from Florida, is the only other dude I can think of that got a release from his LOI.

Yeah, Davis stuck around. But I included him as part of the Florida Four.

• Hook 'Em 1

Recruiting is fun to follow and one should always appreciate a solid, highly ranked class. But until a kid steps on campus and puts on the burnt orange, he is just a whispered vapor that never came into existence. A recruit who never makes it to campus is not a loss or a bust, he's nothing.

6 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Recruiting is fun to follow and one should always appreciate a solid, highly ranked class. But until a kid steps on campus and puts on the burnt orange, he is just a whispered vapor that never came into existence. A recruit who never makes it to campus is not a loss or a bust, he's nothing.

sorta-kinda.gif

Cecil Cherry made it to campus, put on the Burnt Orange, and participated in 1 practice before he ghosted.

sorta-kinda.gif
Cecil Cherry made it to campus, put on the Burnt Orange, and participated in 1 practice before he ghosted.
So did Bru McCoy, but he at least lasted a week or so. Too bad we don't have Tennessee on the schedule next season, he might actually play in every game for the first time at any school.