Recommend or sell me some insurance (auto/home)

I have an insurance policy with Allstate for auto, home, and personal umbrella. I recently got my annual renewal notice for the auto portion and it went up 45% compared to last year. We have the same 2 vehicles (Tesla Y and 4Runner) with no accidents or tickets. I realize insurance tends to go up, but a 45% jump in one year with no explanation of the increase is frustrating.

I tried calling them but haven't been able to get through to my agent's office. Left a message but they haven't called back so far.

In the meantime, I thought this would be a good reason to look around and see if it's time to switch. The internet is surprisingly unhelpful on this, at least from the limited attempts I've made. Been to a few different sites and none of them give a straightforward quote, although I'm sure I have inadvertently acquired new spam email and robocalls in the process.

I know there are some insurance guys on here, if someone wants to point me in a specific direction or run some quotes for me. Thanks.

I was AllState with Auto, Home and Umbrella as well.  I had been with them for 12 years.  My auto doubled when it renewed in February.  I went with Amica and got about a 30% decrease from the pre  doubling premium.  I called AllState and told them I wasn’t renewing and they couldn’t have cared less.  In March I got a notice that I failed to pay my premium and they were going to cancel my policy.  I had to call them and tell them what dumb shits they were.  Their homeowner’s policy was higher than Amica though.

Allstate is garbage. Poor coverage, worse customer service and bad claims practice.

I don't know what to say that I haven't said 100 times already on this board. Every single carrier in the country is taking rate -- substantial rate. This is in response to the startling increase in natural disasters all over the country -- hail, tornados, hurricanes, wild fires, mudslides, distracted driving, more expensive autos being damaged and so on and so forth. It's bad out there, y'all. (Yay, climate change!). It's virtually impossible for us to find solutions in California and Florida and Colorado and Texas aren't lagging as far behind those states as we'd all hope.

I'm happy to look for anybody but I really only have two markets that I currently have any success with in the middle market space -- Travelers and Safeco. There might be a few others from time to time but mostly where I can help is in the high net worth space, and these days I can't always help there either unless your account is pristine. So, feel free to reach out to me directly but I basically need a home with a replacement cost value of $1M+ (and $1.5M-$2M+ in places like DFW and Houston) before I really become a resource. (Note: Most of the things I see are SEVERELY underinsured so your house probably should be insured for more than it is currently.) I also can't promise that I'll save you money either. I can, however, promise you that you will have best-in-class insurance products (coverage and claims).

The really shitty thing is that this is not getting better any time soon.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2