YouTube Video that will make me football-smarter?

ATXbronco

I've only played x amount of organized "heavyweight" kinda-high school football minutes and I'm a football idiot.

What videos can I watch that will make me just a little football-smarter in a few hours or less?

I want to better understand the various player positions and basic strategies on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

So, I can yell at the TV screen when I see an obviously dumb play.  

Edited by ATXbronco

Great show.  Looking more for training videos though.  
Just couldn't find a better place to post other than here.
The 995 board has a thread for stupid questions but this isn't 995-related and I don't know of a similar thread for football.

Kinda simple, but maybe it’ll help with an overview.

The Football 101 series on YouTube is decent and will kinda help you understand what’s happening and why. Good luck!!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

I've only played x amount of organized "heavyweight" kinda-high school football minutes and I'm a football idiot.

What videos can I watch that will make me just a little football-smarter in a few hours or less?

I want to better understand the various player positions and basic strategies on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

So, I can yell at the TV screen when I see an obviously dumb play.  

I don't know if you want to spend money on this but this will help you just with the free videos. The pateron I'd imagine has more in depth if you want to go that route 

https://m.youtube.com/@TheQBSchool/featured

• Like 1

Thanks, folks.  I'm digging the defense videos right now.
Already learning a few new keywords and getting better definition on some I've thought I already knew.  

I'm also understanding that Football strategy is 100x times more complicated than I thought.  

fucking aggie08 hahah

Edited by ATXbronco

Honestly, watching football and playing Madden/NCAA seems to be a decent teacher for basics of what's going on. Highly recommend Joel Klatt and Brock Huard as I feel like they get into some of the strategy.

For obviously dumb plays? Any armchair quarterback can find a reason that any play is obviously dumb. My personal favorite was running routes short of the first down on 3rd and long. Also a big fan of the interception that's thrown after several straight runs that all picked up good yardage. Running for no gain into a side where you don't have numbers is also a good one.