2023 US Open tennis

shadow_operative2.0

Ben Shelton was up 6-4 , 6-1, 3-1 over Tommy Paul when he then hit a 141mph (to 143 mph) on a first serve and then followed it up with a 149mph first serve!

He had another 149mph serve in the game to go up 4-1 in the 3rd…

Then he shit himself and instead of closing out the match, he lost 4 straight games and we’re in a 4th set. 

Randall Cobb & Aaron Rodgers in attendance. (Something not as easy in Green Bat.)

Djokovic was tested to five I get it and he’s in the twilight of his peak with Alcaraz all up on him now, but man I’m fully convinced he’s the most focused and determined athlete I’ve seen in any sport since Jordan and given the isolation and solitude of singles tennis, I’d argue even more. I fucking love his game.  I don’t get the hate and I’m so grateful to have had the chance to watch him over the years. 

Edited by troph

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:

Lol fat Penko.  She cracks me up with her faces.  So much talent, such a fucking child.  And apparently she’s not a fan of cardio.

She’s not any bigger than Jabeur and she’s about to (convincingly) take down world #1 for the 4th time. Iga’s never beaten her.

Edited by troph

10 hours ago, troph said:

Look like men’s college wrestling suits. Not a fan. But I suspect I’m the only one. 🙄 

Caroline Woz's rasslin' singlet is just weird.

The only thing that I really like about it is that 1) She is really good friends with Serena Williams & 2) Serena wore something like that and she looked like 3 sausages worth of ground pork stuff into a single sausage casing.

CarWoz at least looks fit, but it just doesn't seem hot. And if you're going to wear that shit, it should look hot.

5 hours ago, troph said:

Djokovic was tested to five I get it and he’s in the twilight of his peak with Alcaraz all up on him now, but man I’m fully convinced he’s the most focused and determined athlete I’ve seen in any sport since Jordan and given the isolation and solitude of singles tennis, I’d argue even more. I fucking love his game.  I don’t get the hate and I’m so grateful to have had the chance to watch him over the years. 

Don't like Novak, but you can see that he paces himself from his very first serve. Everything is so deliberate and everything seems so planned that whenever he hits any adversity, he seems like he starts to melt down (internally) for a bit before finding his way back to bouncing the fucking ball 10-15 times before every first serve and he never gets called out for taking 35 seconds of the 25 second serve clock.

I feel like he just blocks the ball back about 95% of the time and says "Make a mistake, Spaz." and his opponents follow his order. I guess it is the other 5% of the time that makes them nervous and leads them to fail rather than forcing Novak to beat them over and over and over.

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I just wish we still had challenges simply to see some of the shit she would question. 

I was going to post that Jelena challenges the automated calls and continues to disagree with the evidence that she doesn't like. Then I continued reading and saw that she did it tonight.