San Marcos bars to kill some time in

Storm the Field

Have a guys trip coming up this weekend with a house rented on the SM River. Most of us are getting into town a couple of hours before we can check in to our rental. Those of you that live in the area, where's a good place for a bunch of 40 year old dudes to hang out on a Friday afternoon? I haven't lived there since I graduated 16 years ago and there are new bars and restaurants every time I pass through. Hardly recognize the place anymore.

2 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Have a guys trip coming up this weekend with a house rented on the SM River. Most of us are getting into town a couple of hours before we can check in to our rental. Those of you that live in the area, where's a good place for a bunch of 40 year old dudes to hang out on a Friday afternoon? I haven't lived there since I graduated 16 years ago and there are new bars and restaurants every time I pass through. Hardly recognize the place anymore.

Chimy’s. Just don’t eat the food and you should be fine. 

The Taproom is pretty solid if you like beer. 

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

This is good advice.  I'd also recommend the North Street/Zelick's combo if it's not 5000 degrees.

Agree. And even if it is hot, still go to Zelicks. North Street for dinner is solid. Let me know and I can walk up and grab one.

Blind Salamander is not bad, just do not eat the food. Second floor patio is a good place to watch Bobcat tail walking to the Square. 

Ivars on the river can be good. Beer selection is pretty good, food is alright, and it is on the river. 

If you're looking to kill time, Railyard has all kinds of washers, pingpong, pool tables.  Pretty decent food.

Industry is new and nice, but a little sterile for my tastes.

Valentino's has been re-opened w/ new owners - same folks as Industry - and it's a hell of a lot nicer than the last time you were there.