2023 NLDS Phillies vs Braves

WBT

9 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

They should do this, but shorten the regular season to 154.

fight me.

or keep it like it is and expands DS to 7 games but require every Northern team to have a roof. I’m sure Philly on Nov 3 and/or 4th is going to be pleasant if they make the WS and it goes 6 or 7.

Just got a telegram from Dodgers Nation: They like this idea but lets expand on it...

image.jpeg.8b0cb0833fc7726cbc92c7905039fc4c.jpeg.60c74d3536adef0379f72cc45023915d.jpeg

Teams without a roof should have to give up any earned home field advantage  in the CS and WS if we do any more playoff expansion since the season gonna start dragging into November pretty quickly. 

Edited by Evil Bill Obrien

13 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Two things probably need to happen.

Top seed needs to play the lowest seeded winner of the wildcard round. 

Then make the division round 7 like you said.  Actually, do something fun like making it a best of 7 while spotting 1 game to the 1st and 2nd seed. So it would achieves a schedule closer to a 5 games series. 

First 2 games higher seed home team

next 3 games lower seed

Final game home for the higher seed

The Korean League does something like this.   Better seed gets a 1-game freebie and they play best of 3.   So worse seed has to win 2 in row to advance.

So, basically Best of 2, with the better seed having the tie-breaker.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

The drunk doesn’t realize that @Make em eat Taco Bell is an Astros’ fan. He just started yelling at everyone because he can’t see straight. 

Most of us true MLB fans know. 

You are the whiniest bitch on this site that has more than its fair share of whiny bitches. I will have fun taking all the shits in your head while I am living rent free scrub.

Edited by Pimphand
  • Hook 'Em 1

It is neither good nor bad for baseball.
If the Diamondbacks win 13 games this postseason they deserve to be the champions.
In 1995 the Houston Rockets won the NBA finals as the 6 seed despite having a record of 47-35. They beat two 60+ win teams along the way becoming the only team in history to do so. Was that bad for the NBA?

I’ve hardly watched since then. You tell me.