Have we talked about Martinis?

Not that Bob

10 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah, and they're good, I have to admit.

I just made a shaker glass of gin cosmos and I gotta say, they're better than vodka ones.  I know you think i'm just saying that to fuck with you cuz youre a vodka man, but i'm straight up serious. gin actually makes a better cosmo.  i'll be in bed by 9 o'clock at this rate.

25 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

I just made a shaker glass of gin cosmos and I gotta say, they're better than vodka ones.  I know you think i'm just saying that to fuck with you cuz youre a vodka man, but i'm straight up serious. gin actually makes a better cosmo.  i'll be in bed by 9 o'clock at this rate.

Hey I'm an equal opportunity drunk.  I like em both.  Sometimes it's a Hendricks gin martini, but sometimes I need 100 proof octane.

32 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Martini of the moment for hot weather
-2 parts Beefeater
-1 part Perruchi Blanco
-Splash Campari
- lemon peel twist

Delicious

Campari was the one bottle of liquor I had the hardest time getting rid of.  that shit is so bitter.   and then I came across some recipes and raves for cynar, so like a gullible dumbass I went and bought a bottle of that.  it's equally as bitter and hard to take.  overpowers every thing you put just a drop in.  never again.   I do hightly recommend amaro in a martini though.  just a splash.  crème de violette is nice too, but also overpowering with the flowrery flavor.  st germain is flowery too, but sweeter and more subtle than crème de violette.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I prefer vodka to gin. 

- Coat the glass with dry vermouth. 

- 3 ounces Ketel One 

- Half cup of Sonic ice. 

- Shake and pour. 

Garnish with two onions. 

I'm good with this, and it's good, but technically it's no longer a martini... imo

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
On 7/1/2022 at 5:17 PM, Mo Horn said:
I'm good with this, and it's good, but technically it's no longer a martini... imo

Gin is just flavored vodka. What's the problem?

Why not a vodka Manhattan? Rye is just flavored vodka. 

Other great vodka cocktail ideas for summer:
- Vodka margarita

- Vodka Vieux Carre

- Vodka Cuba Libre

- Vodka Negroni

- Vodka Rob Roy

- Vodka egg nog

- Vodka Bees knees

- Long Island Iced Tea with nothing but vodka, vodka and vodka

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Glass pitcher.  Six parts The Botanist, one part Ransom dry vermouth, a rare outstanding American made vermouth.  Two dashes orange bitters.  Ice.  Stir for one minute.   The best martini in the world.  
For the vodka drinkers who don't care for gin, try a vesper.  Three ounces Boodles gin, one ounce nice middle of the road vodka like Stoly (the vodka helps mute the anise-fennel-juniper botanicals in the gin), half ounce of Lillet blanc.  Ice.  Stirred or shaken is a matter of personal taste with martinis, but do not shake a Vesper, you'll ruin it.  Stir for three minutes.  Garnish with a twist of lemon.

41 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Why not a vodka Manhattan? Rye is just flavored vodka. 

Other great vodka cocktail ideas for summer:
- Vodka margarita

- Vodka Vieux Carre

- Vodka Cuba Libre

- Vodka Negroni

- Vodka Rob Roy

- Vodka egg nog

- Vodka Bees knees

- Long Island Iced Tea with nothing but vodka, vodka and vodka

And I would enjoy all of these and not knocking anything. I use vodka more than anything else in mixed drinks, and like them all. I've even enjoyed a chocolate or caramel apple martini. In the end, tho, a true martini is made with gin. 

• Hook 'Em 1