Does Rojo Jr need a Podiatrist or Ortho?

A couple months ago, Rojo Jr was complaining of pain in his big toe. Didn’t look like he had an ingrown toenail, but it was painful to the touch. Took him to the neighborhood podiatrist, and she diagnosed a bone spur under his nail. He had an office procedure where the dr made an incision on the top of his toe and scraped down the spur. It was a pretty bad experience for him, as she didn’t numb it up very much. He puked twice during the procedure from pain. Now a few months later it seems to be coming back. He doesn’t want to go back to the same Dr, and I don’t blame him. Should I just look for a different podiatrist, or since it’s coming back should I look for an ortho? 

second question: any recs for a good podiatrist or ortho in North Austin or Wilco?

3 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

A couple months ago, Rojo Jr was complaining of pain in his big toe. Didn’t look like he had an ingrown toenail, but it was painful to the touch. Took him to the neighborhood podiatrist, and she diagnosed a bone spur under his nail. He had an office procedure where the dr made an incision on the top of his toe and scraped down the spur. It was a pretty bad experience for him, as she didn’t numb it up very much. He puked twice during the procedure from pain. Now a few months later it seems to be coming back. He doesn’t want to go back to the same Dr, and I don’t blame him. Should I just look for a different podiatrist, or since it’s coming back should I look for an ortho? 

second question: any recs for a good podiatrist or ortho in North Austin or Wilco?

Highly recommend - 

Dr Ashley Ledger in Harker Heights.

Do it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, BeardIP said:

A moth goes into a podiatrist’s office, and the podiatrist’s office says, “What seems to be the problem, moth?”

I was sitting in the waiting room, and the lady behind the desk asked if I had an appointment with the doctor?  To which I replied, "No, I'm just waiting.  That's what the room is for."  

I sat some more and then inquired, "By the way, what kind of doctor is he?"

She replied, "Well, he's a foot doctor."

I paused and said, "Then I'll stay.  I'd like to see man that tall."