The Challenge Season 39: Battle For A New Champion

shadow_operative

I do appreciate that we've leaned into giving Jay the villain cut. Showing him making the mocking face during the vote was a sign. Glad Asaf isn't getting to walk to a final for free for just riding on Jay's coattails. Maybe Ed/Corey have finally realized where they stand in Jay's alliance. The Michelle part confused me, did she think she was protecting everyone still in the game? How was she so upset about Horacio basically telling her to piss off when she's put him/his friend in for 4 elims in a row?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Happy with the result, but the second-worst elimination besides fucking counting.

What the fuck happened with their insurance coverage to where no one can fucking touch each other anymore?! Jesus fuck. 

This is my biggest gripe also.  In the eliminations vs champions there has only been one where the two were within 5 feet of each other...and that was Jordan when he had to run next to what's his tattoo face.  Every other event they are at least 30ft apart in their own 'zone' competing independent of each other.

It doesn't have to be a headbanger every time, but at least have something more physical where each person effects the other.  Like the rope tied to each other and you pull opposite directions.  Anything except counting and remembering colors.

All that build up to CT and it was the worst. Love him and when I saw those two rings I was thinking pole wrestle or putting the ball in a can vs the other.  Nope...roll a stupid thing in a circle and do a math equation.  (which some on reddit say the equation didn't follow the math rules...I didn't pay attention, it was weak)

And fuck J and Michelle.  JFC.  I love Horacio's line that those two are scared of elimination bc they are on bad terms with lots of the vet champions bc the way they play the game. 

I want to throw my remote when they pick Horacio every time...

Hope a purge is coming soon.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

There has to be or this season won’t wrap up until Easter. 

lol yea. they probably didn't think half (?) of the champions would lose and players would not be eliminated.  It's what they get for giving Laurel and Cara puzzle shit. These youngsters now think they are hot shit because they wont a puzzles.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

lol yea. they probably didn't think half (?) of the champions would lose and players would not be eliminated.  It's what they get for giving Laurel and Cara puzzle shit. These youngsters now think they are hot shit because they wont a puzzles.

I think they did know given that they made almost all of the elims puzzles of some sort. It also reinforces the narrative that this "next generation" is as good as/better than the champs.

They have 4-5 episodes to get rid of 8-10 people it seems like. Hopefully whatever the format is the next several weeks everyone is able to play selfishly. 

19 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

All that build up to CT and it was the worst. Love him and when I saw those two rings I was thinking pole wrestle or putting the ball in a can vs the other.  Nope...roll a stupid thing in a circle and do a math equation.  (which some on reddit say the equation didn't follow the math rules...I didn't pay attention, it was weak)

Challenge has an established track record of not following order of operations. I find it mildly maddening. They could just write an equation that still goes from left-to-right for the dummy competitors that is compliant with PEMDAS.

Anyway, I found Asaf to be pretty insufferable in his confessionals all year, so didn't mind seeing him go. And generally this whole season is kind of a snoozer. Your barely in harms way if you're voted in and usually everything between the competition and the elimination can just be fast forwarded through

3 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Challenge has an established track record of not following order of operations. I find it mildly maddening. They could just write an equation that still goes from left-to-right for the dummy competitors that is compliant with PEMDAS.

Anyway, I found Asaf to be pretty insufferable in his confessionals all year, so didn't mind seeing him go. And generally this whole season is kind of a snoozer. Your barely in harms way if you're voted in and usually everything between the competition and the elimination can just be fast forwarded through

But but but everyone cried for Asaf.  Dude seemed like a sleazy liar...he admitted so much to being fake to others to "play the game".  

Jay tears were nice though.

Agreed I don't really pay full attention until the deliberations and elimination.  And it's been noted that they edit the eliminations a lot.  

3 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Your barely in harms way if you're voted in and usually everything between the competition and the elimination can just be fast forwarded through

ding ding ding. mtv has done a very rodney terry-esque job running this season. this show gained its cult like following in the backs of sloppy people drinking, partying, fighting, making big game moves, and competing in actual physical competitions where people get their hands on each other. now every episode is 95% love island bullshit with a relay race and a puzzle mixed in. they’ve butchered the show.

• Like 1

if only Horacio could have won ring toss, he might've won the challenge and made this start off great by eliminating someone from Jay/Michelle's alliance.

Zara grew on me during this show, hope she comes back with vengeance.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Well, that was quite the fucking format change.

I’ll miss you & your abs, Z.

Moriah - “My heart’s in my ass”, not sure I’ve heard that one before. 

It’s where her mouth is too so the logic checks out 

Like and hate this new format. 

Horacio is a close second overall in the daily challenge.  And of course ends up in the bottom 3 elimination.  Dude is great man.  

Moriah almost loss in the daily, but ends up in middle of the line up for being saved from elimination.  

This favors alliances way too much.

Fuking Ed.  You fall right back in line after his whole alliance voted for you the previous time vs. Emmanuel.  But I could see that he probably also wants Kyland and Horacio out of the final.  Ed knows he can wipe his ass with the other guys.

Players that skate by (i.e. berna, colleen, moriah, corey, james) think they are hot shit, but they are only being kept around by the top dogs because they are an easy out in the final.

Definitely not gender friendly eliminations.  Zara is a beast though, she deserved better.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Fuking Ed.  You fall right back in line after his whole alliance voted for you the previous time vs. Emmanuel.  But I could see that he probably also wants Kyland and Horacio out of the final.  Ed knows he can wipe his ass with the other guys.

Ed is an Engineer, he's told us himself, multiple times lol

On 1/26/2024 at 12:13 AM, shadow_operative said:

haven’t watched the latest episode snooze fest, but:

Gah damn. Shit used to be fire. 
Who was Laurel ripping a new one?

She was recently having a twitter war w that ugly lesbian she dated. The one that looks like Andy Dick. 

14 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Gah damn. Shit used to be fire. 
Who was Laurel ripping a new one?

She was recently having a twitter war w that ugly lesbian she dated. The one that looks like Andy Dick. 

that was laurel going in on paula for picking on cara. paula really was being nasty and going along with the guys who were bullying cara, and laurel just went scorched earth on here and made paula completely break down. a guy might punch you in your face over a disagreement, but chicks are fucking vicious.

• Haha 1

LOL lost the top 3 dudes off my power rankings for who I'd guess to win in 1 ep. Sometimes the puzzles just get you. At some point Horacio/Kyland were due with the amount of eliminations they got thrown in.

Wow.  Who saw that coming. 

It's like Jordan says... if you go into elimination enough times you. Will. Get. Eliminated.

Olivia really fucked that up.   Now Jay is going to cruise.  Guess in retrospect he has been in the star light all season. 

Twitter is savage going after the show tonight.  

Jay & Michelle's minions are no ones favorites.

Horacio needs to work on his social and puzzle game, but Kyland looks like he can win in the future.

Maybe the most dramatic episode of the season.

As much of a machine Horacio is in competitions, he will have to develop a killer attitude or he will always be the nice guy runner up.

Ed failing at the daily was just flat out dumb ass.

Would have been great to see Olivia switch it up and backstab Jay/ Michelle but ultimately she had to make a decision for self preservation. And I don’t necessarily fault her for that, but she probably should have let Nurys know ahead of time.

My weekly comment about Moriah’s ridiculous body. Fuck !!