Petty Whining About Family thread

texasdago

15 hours ago, deadshank said:

You slobs don’t make your bed every day?

We both make our bed every morning before 9am (we are usually up by 6:00 or 7). Breakfast dishes are rinsed & in the dishwasher too.

She does the cooking and I do the dishes. A maid service cleans the house.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, sidis said:

he seriously needs to run shower background noise to jerk it?  do you live in a studio apartment?  jesus.

LOL... there's plenty of separation in the house where he can do so calmly.  I told him I was going to shut the power to the bathroom from the panel but my wife gave me a hell no on that one. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, texasdago said:

LOL... there's plenty of separation in the house where he can do so calmly.  I told him I was going to shut the power to the bathroom from the panel but my wife gave me a hell no on that one. 

your future daughter in law is going to be mad that her sex life will be quick and quiet.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, texasdago said:

My son takes long ass showers... I mean looooong showers.  Those showers consist of 15 minutes standing outside the shower (or doing "something else") and maybe 5 minutes in the shower.  I get pissed about it every night.  Who does my wife get pissed at?  Me.  Why?  Because I consistently get mad about it.  I've talked to him, I've put a low flow showerhead on his shower (he's about to get an ever lower flow one) and yet I'm the bad guy.  I told her last night that she's getting mad at the police for the police being pissed off at the crime.  Not sure that went over well but whatever.  

Spot my son's shower...

image.png.8a8e1bede654daee72e425a020f33444.png

Guessing you go through a lot of conditioner as well......

• Haha 1

I did this but w/the water meter shutoff valve at the curb w/ my boy (years ago). He was pissed, got out the shower soap everywhere. I told him, your call to fuck around for 10 mins first w/water running.
Meanwhile, California (LA county) only allows us 50G per person per month then you get assessed a fee.

15 mins is the rule, wife and daughter don't have a problem taking a shower in that time frame. It took a few times as he called my bluff but once your rinsing off in the sink the message starts to sink in quick like.
  • Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

15 mins is the rule, wife and daughter don't have a problem taking a shower in that time frame. It took a few times as he called my bluff but once your rinsing off in the sink the message starts to sink in quick like.

I'll probably sleep on the couch one night once I get to that point but, for now, he's about to get a 1.25 gpm showerhead.  Given our hard water in SW Austin, he'll probably eventually end up with 1 gpm and I won't cry a bit because it was his choice. 

Enjoy your showers!

Sad Arrested Development GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, kevwun said:

I had a roommate who as far as I know never took the trash out the entire time we lived together which was 2 years.  He also pretty much never did dishes.  Once I waited to see how long it would take for him to empty the sink and they actually started to stink before I gave up and did them. 

Had a roommate who consistently let dishes pile up and took that same strategy to see how long it would take.  I too gave up but just threw away a bunch of dishes/bowls/glasses.

On 10/31/2023 at 8:14 PM, deadshank said:

You slobs don’t make your bed every day?

When I'm home after the wife leaves for work I always make the bed.  I mean, what if McRaven showed up?  He'd rip my ass.  Besides, an unmade bed makes the entire room looked whacked. 

• Hook 'Em 3