Texas vs UCONN- 6pm on ESPNU

shadow_operative

3 hours ago, FtheBig12 said:

You clearly take this personally so there's no way to have a rational debate with you. I just hope you can emotionally handle it when he fails. I get it you don't agree there's nothing wrong with that just understand that others may not agree with you.

You are being the little bitch here.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Real question CTC2: why? I know his ethics might be... questionable... but I seriously doubt RT will let anything of that sort happen.

I just don’t like his offense so far but acknowledge that they are trying to find lineups that work and injuries. 
Seems like rec league.
Sat behind the bench last night and other than making substitutions there wasn’t any real offensive coaching going on. 

A father of one of the players was screaming last night for more passes and less chucking. I agreed with him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, CTC2 said:

I just don’t like his offense so far but acknowledge that they are trying to find lineups that work and injuries. 
Seems like rec league.

Sat behind the bench last night and other than making substitutions there wasn’t any real offensive coaching going on. 

A father of one of the players was screaming last night for more passes and less chucking. I agreed with him. 

I disagree, but I understand why you might feel that way. We're playing way faster to start this season than we did last year so it seems more erratic,. Through 5 games we have 87 assists total on 58% of our field goals compared with 77 assists through 5 games last season.  It would be nice if I could find a stat database that tracks passes per game and player movement like NBA.com does because I bet our rate of passes/gm is a little less this season due to our pace of play and time of possession numbers being less than what it was last year, but I've noticed our sets are much more spread out than what we had over the past 2 years with Beard.  Last season, especially when Beard was here,  most of our movement was below the free throw line (this was done to exploit Carr and Tiimmy Allen's midrange game). This year our movement is spread out as far as the 28' line). Man if we can get DIsu playing anywhere near the level he ended last season this team is going to score a shit ton of points.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

I think some people just enjoy talking about firing coaches. 

Texas loses a close game to the #5 team and defending national champions, in essentially a road game, without its 2 best post players, and somehow people are already talking about "RT not being the right guy for the job." 

They have to either be trolls from rival schools or just complete idiots. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Man if we can get DIsu playing anywhere near the level he ended last season this team is going to score a shit ton of points.  

This is why our ceiling is high. If Disu is anywhere near the level he was last year, we are going to be one of the top offensive teams in the country that can score 80+ a night. 

It's all about the defensive end. We just need to figure out a way to be in the top 30 to 35 range defensively. Not elite but good.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

As has been discussed at length before, it is more likely than not that this year is going to be a lot like year 1 under Beard. Some good, some bad and a lot of in-between with a chance to make noise in the tournament if we get a favorable draw.

There are some philosophical shifts with this new staff, most notably the type of guards they are recruiting vs the type they currently have/inherited.

Half the battle every year is being on a good roster cycle that matches up with your style. I wouldn't say we are in a bad roster cycle per se but we are sorta in the middle which will cause frustrations.

• Hook 'Em 2

The erratic offense also leads to a ton of turnovers but increases possessions and shots so you usually just put up with some turnovers. We only had 6 last night which was great given it was on the road vs uconn. I think if we had shedrick we would have won the game. Maybe that’s too optimistic but we were right there in the second half so maybe not.

Anyways, we’re a transition shooting team and when we do run a half court set it’s spread it out and ball screen 2 man game. I’m not a fan of the shooters standing in the corners not moving but it is what it is. Coach k ran the 1-4 low offense for years so it can work if you have good corner three shooters. I do agree it can feel Like we aren’t sure what or who we wanna be offensively. Mitchell is really coming on so that’s nice to see.

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’m not a fan of the shooters standing in the corners not moving but it is what it is. 

That's the type of half-court offense we ran last year and clearly the type of roster that RT built. I.e. PnR with shooters in the corner. 

I think we have a more versatile offense this year though because Shedrick can get you points in the paint which will force some doubles. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, FtheBig12 said:

Beard wasn't fired by tech and was the right choice at the time. Unfortunately our administration doesn't believe in innocent until proven guilty so now he's going to beat us every year in the SEC as our reward.

Here's where you come back with how big a scumbag beard is and how it was the right choice to let him go. Spare me.

did Derka get a new burner account?

• Fuck You 1

21 hours ago, FtheBig12 said:

In a few yearsI've been saying since the day he was hired that it was a terrible choice. This isn't an emotional response after one game it's simply validation.

I'm not going to get into a silly pissing match with you over this. My validation will come when he's fired or "retires" in a few years.

You joined the board this month.  Anyways beard needs to worry about beating shsu before he worries about us

• 2 weeks later...