Madden 19 Ratings Are Out

RockyMountainHighHorn

I saw that the ratings had come out and hadn't been posted yet. 

Texas Rookies: M. Dickson-77 

C. Williams-76 

M. Jefferson-70 

H. Hill-65

ET is a 95 and the second best safety in the game behind......Harrison Smith with a 97. Surprised me there. 

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn

I actually played the college game more than the pro, so I hope it comes back eventually...

NCAA is way better than Madden, (imo) and I never understood why it ever went away..

It never used player names, just the right skin color/approximate size and player ratings based on the prior years roster. EA could have easily gotten around that by assigning random ratings/skin color/generic size based on position for all players regardless of team. I mean, after you play through 4 seasons and all the original players are gone it's all generic names etc..anyway.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

I was a little too involved in the role playing feature they added in the last years of the NCAA Football game.

so you meant you dealt drugs, stole tvs, and discreetly signed merchandise for sale?

maxresdefault.jpg
Why can't it be real?
Because EA hates making easy money by selling the same game as a new release year after year? Nope, Madden still exists. I really can't remember the original reason they dumped NCAA, but I do remember thinking it was a weak excuse.

1 hour ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Zavala said:
maxresdefault.jpg
Why can't it be real?

Because EA hates making easy money by selling the same game as a new release year after year? Nope, Madden still exists. I really can't remember the original reason they dumped NCAA, but I do remember thinking it was a weak excuse.

I agree, EA sucks shit. But I still play NCAA14 on the ole' PS2. Every year the rosters are updated and you can play with the current teams and learn all the names of the players. It's pretty sweet. 

It wasn't a weak excuse, it was a total bullshit move on behalf of some NCAA player who sued EA because he wasn't getting paid for his "likeness" to be in a video game. Basically, the lawyers from the NCAA and EA are fuckups because they didn't account for this somehow when they made a 6'3" white QB #14 to save from having to use David Ash, they still used his likeness.. It should've always been just random rosters on teams and let the fans create rosters, like they already do.  In the end, the lawsuit was settled for $40M and 100,000 players got a whopping $4,000 each. 

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11010455/college-athletes-reach-40-million-settlement-ea-sports-ncaa-licensing-arm

I put in so many hours on the Campus Legend game mode. I started to think that I was the guy in the video game. I would walk around in real life feeling like I was a big time college football player. It was so realistic. After a while I couldn't tell where real life ended and the game took over. It was such an improvement of the Race For The Heisman mode of earlier games.