Medical Malpractice Attorney

lonestar3

Would be greatly appreciated if anyone has a recommendation on an attorney in the Central Texas area (the family is in San Antonio) that specializes in medical malpractice. 

Brief background: my aunt had replacement knee surgery and the hospital staff, admittedly, botched the wound care following the procedure. Now she's back in the hospital going through multiple surgeries trying to flush the necrotic wound two months later. Total shitshow of an operation. 

Any direction I can offer them at this point would be very helpful. 

3 hours ago, lonestar3 said:

Would be greatly appreciated if anyone has a recommendation on an attorney in the Central Texas area (the family is in San Antonio) that specializes in medical malpractice. 

Brief background: my aunt had replacement knee surgery and the hospital staff, admittedly, botched the wound care following the procedure. Now she's back in the hospital going through multiple surgeries trying to flush the necrotic wound two months later. Total shitshow of an operation. 

How old is your aunt? 

Yeah, best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

The reality of this is that med mal suits in Texas are so difficult and expensive to prosecute that absent a painful early death or lifetime disability, with attendant loss of income and care cost, this probably isn't a very attractive case.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

The reality of this is that med mal suits in Texas are so difficult and expensive to prosecute that absent a painful early death or lifetime disability, with attendant loss of income and care cost, this probably isn't a very attractive case.

Yeah, this is the direction I was going in with the question regarding age. 

On 12/19/2023 at 4:36 PM, lonestar3 said:

Glenn Cunningham is in San Antonio, is a past president of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and has a nurse on staff to review cases (who is also his wife). He'll almost certainly tell you there's no case there, but you should trust his take.

https://www.cunninghamfirm.com/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1