Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

Yeah, between her and the freshman, the new faces this year have really transformed this team.  By far the most talented UT team I've ever seen.  

Cat already said she didn’t want to talk about it but you know she’s so mad she never got this offense, or even 1/3 of it

5-1 Texas 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

Yeah, between her and the freshman, the new faces this year have really transformed this team.  By far the most talented UT team I've ever seen.  

Slap hitters at Texas are going the way of the dinosaur … gorilla ball is now in.

49 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Slap hitters at Texas are going the way of the dinosaur … gorilla ball is now in.

Fine by me. I hate slapping, unless you are janae Jefferson and can do it all, and no one knows what to expect. 

Although I do like how Maloney spits between every pitch before stepping back in the box. My kind of chick. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Js1 said:

Stewie crushed that 

She has crazy natural power. Seems to hit the ball hard every AB. I said before she hit the longest HR I have seen in Clearwater, and that shot last night was an absolute bomb. Scary to think of where she will hit them in a couple of years.

Looking ahead for this week:

UT Arlington - 8-14 (RPI 143) - I'll be quite surprised if this isn't a 5 inning game
Houston - 15-5 (RPI 46)

• 6 inning loss to Rutgers (won the second game)
  • 7 run loss to LSU
  • 5 inning loss to Boise St
  • 5 run loss to LSU
  • 1 run loss in 13 innings to McNeese

They host McNeese on Wednesday before they host us.  .337 BA and 20 HR in 25 games.  Not bad- but their pitching is awful. Team ERA is 3.53 against a bad schedule. They've given up 14 HR.  .974 fielding

We will see a familiar face in former Horn Bree Cantu (2023 AAC First Team), who is playing at her third in-state school (Tech Texas, UH) - .396 BA, 4 HR, 28 RBI.   But she was only 2-16 against Rutgers, LSU, McNeese and Boise St with 4 RBI (3 came off a homer against Rutgers in second game they won). 

And of course, former Horn Nadia Taylor is an assistant

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Looking ahead for this week:

UT Arlington - 8-14 (RPI 143) - I'll be quite surprised if this isn't a 5 inning game
Houston - 15-5 (RPI 46)

• 6 inning loss to Rutgers (won the second game)
  • 7 run loss to LSU
  • 5 inning loss to Boise St
  • 5 run loss to LSU
  • 1 run loss in 13 innings to McNeese

They host McNeese on Wednesday before they host us.  .337 BA and 20 HR in 25 games.  Not bad- but their pitching is awful. Team ERA is 3.53 against a bad schedule. They've given up 14 HR.  .974 fielding

We will see a familiar face in former Horn Bree Cantu (2023 AAC First Team), who is playing at her third in-state school (Tech Texas, UH) - .396 BA, 4 HR, 28 RBI.   But she was only 2-16 against Rutgers, LSU, McNeese and Boise St with 4 RBI (3 came off a homer against Rutgers in second game they won). 

And of course, former Horn Nadia Taylor is an assistant

a note on UTA; Camille Carona (transfer from UT) is leading the team in batting average.  She has 24 hits this season.  Good for her.   

• Like 2