NH Republican primary 1/23

Zonahorn

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

what's also alarming are these terrible poll questions about whether a conviction in any of these matters will change their mind or make him "unfit" to be president. 

there seem to be plenty of people that are ok with the indictments, but claim they will sing a different tune if he's convicted.  which is to say, there's a part of their brains that think these charges are all just bullshit/witch hunt.

first off, anyone who says a conviction makes a difference is a fucking liar.  second of all, whomever writes these poll questions needs a slap to the face.

Every time I hear that I think "Ok, which one? Any of them? All?".

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Every time I hear that I think "Ok, which one? Any of them? All?".

To me, unless he is physically in jail at the time of swearing in, and that somehow physically prevents him from taking office, it's a non-factor.  There is no Peak Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:

A lot of people believe Biden banned drilling. Checks notes/ currently we have record production.

Example of example of misinformation.

A lot of people also think our border is wide open.  Well, there are a lot of people trying to come in.   About the same amount as (checks notes), when GWB was president.  Thanks Obama (lowest of the period shown).

spacer.png

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Why was it so much lower before? I've heard that Venezuelans are a big player in illegal entry.

Just a guess but if you note the peak decline in coincides with the great recession (no work available) lagging just a bit, and then picks back up accordingly.

Though, the troubles in Venezuela are very real.  

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

No offense, but this is old thinking about prior elections. Many persons voting for Haley are doing so because they don't want Trump. They want to vote GOP, but they don't want a traitor. Who really gives a shit about Haley in any other context? We're not the only ones who see an existential threat.

If she endorses Trump, I don't think those voters slavishly shuffle over to the Trump camp. I also don't see her expecting much from Trump by endorsing him. All she really gets is some shame for capitulating, so why rush to do that?

I like that she exists as an alternative vote in the GOP to keep levering doubters further from the would-be dictator.

I don’t think anyone ever suggested what Haley’s supporters were going to do when she inevitably drops out and endorses Trump. It’s a true statement that she will eventually drop out and endorse Trump. She’s a Republican and a thoroughly craven political animal. Party over country, always. That’s a simple prediction to make.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t think anyone ever suggested what Haley’s supporters were going to do when she inevitably drops out and endorses Trump. It’s a true statement that she will eventually drop out and endorse Trump. She’s a Republican and a thoroughly craven political animal. Party over country, always. That’s a simple prediction to make.

What I responded to was an answer to an earlier post of mine that, validly, challenged my premise about the damage Haley might do Trump. That person didn't say all the voters would go to Trump, but saying that Haley would endorse Trump suggested the effect would be minimal.

I  don't presume to say what portion of Haley voters will do anything. I don't think it's unsupportable that she is likely making it easier for non-Trumper GOPs to vote for someone else which, in turn, may make it easier for them to vote Dem in the general or, much more likely, not vote for anyone.

9 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Most GOP primary voters in NH say Trump would be fit for White House if convicted: Exit polling

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4426058-most-new-hampshire-gop-primary-voters-trump-white-house-convicted-exit-polling/

While that is beyond irritating, if 12% of voters nationwide agree (and even half of those choose not to vote as a result), that's still a 6% reduction in their voter pool.  While I'd love more than that, I'd take 6%.  

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

And a lot of that are bots designed to spread misinformation and discord against voting/voting for Biden. 

Especially in comment sections--shitty foreign governments found out early that the comment sections were a way to sew discord.  After reading an article and reviewing comments for reactions, for all I know, I'm reading scores of Iranian generated bots going at from both sides.  

7 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Just a guess but if you note the peak decline in coincides with the great recession (no work available) lagging just a bit, and then picks back up accordingly.

Though, the troubles in Venezuela are very real.  

2008-2015 was probably the worst time in history to try and find a job. I remember I was in college and asked about getting a job at GameStop and they showed me 100 applications in the drawer and I said never mind.

Edited by Voldemort86