Bernie Sanders 2020 Watch

Dropout

Liz had dipped a straw into Bernie's progressive milkshake and taken some of his momentum over the last 3-4 months. If Warren turns "I'm with Bernie on M4A" into any sort of compromise healthcare plan, Bernie supporters will (understandably) be angry with her. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Liz had dipped a straw into Bernie's progressive milkshake and taken some of his momentum over the last 3-4 months. If Warren turns "I'm with Bernie on M4A" into any sort of compromise healthcare plan, Bernie supporters will (understandably) be angry with her. 

Bernie is a crypto-communist as far as I can tell.  Warren is the actual progressive.  She’s not going to back off her position of advocating for M4A.  It’s a moral issue for her as she has explained several times.  

This idea she’s going to pivot on healthcare is imaginary wishful thinking by the Bernie bros in an effort to discredit her.  It’s a fantasy. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

From what I've seen, they've been angry at her ever since she started rising in the polls.  Doesn't matter much, though, as they're locked onto Bernie and almost irrelevant to her path to the nomination.  As long as she doesn't openly insult/alienate them, her time is better spent continuing to sell herself as the most progressive candidate who's pragmatic enough to accomplish major structural change, and being open to compromise on health care will help that narrative more than hurt it.  And if she wins the nomination, Bernie's supporters will mostly support her versus Trump. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Bernie is a crypto-communist as far as I can tell.  Warren is the actual progressive.

love to talk like Ben Shapiro to own the libs

This idea she’s going to pivot on healthcare is imaginary wishful thinking by the Bernie bros in an effort to discredit her.  It’s a fantasy. 

Remember in the Warren thread where you shit yourself to death because I offered a mild criticism of Warren's relative silence on M4A and you remained completely silent about the much harsher criticisms from people who dislike Bernie/Bernie Bros?

Yeah, that was fun.

One of the amendments he tried to get in on the 94 crime bill was a ban on the federal death penalty.

He is the amendment king.

Craig Volden, an expert on the legislative process at the University of Virginia, told PolitiFact that records like these are rather unusual in the House.

"There are so few members with large numbers of substantive and successful amendments," he said. "Sanders and Traficant were exceptions to that rule."

In comparison, Hillary Clinton passed zero roll call amendments during her tenure as a senator from New York from 2001-09.

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

Hugo, how would you define the terms "crypto-communist" and "progressive"?  

(This is very generalized)

Person says we need a revolution to overthrow the bourgeoisie on behalf of the workers and looks to nationalize a bunch of shit, also has a weird affinity for communist governments. (Possible crypto-communist)

Person says we need to clean house using all the tools in our democracy to create a more egalitarian society and government with improved opportunities for everyone to compete in the public and private sector. (Possible progressive).

With Bernie, I get the feeling he believes he could make communism work if he was in charge of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fozzz said:

Do you honestly believe that Bernie Sanders plans on establishing a dictatorship of the proletariat?  

No, but given his contempt for both political parties and rigid dogmatism, I can’t discount the possibility should the opportunity present itself.  

However, Bernie probably would be a good dictator. 

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so i just got an unsolicited text message from "erin" from bernie 2020 explaining what bernie is for and asking if i'm with him.

not really sure how my number got into their database, but it was quite the turnoff.  not sure how others feel about this type of thing.

I got Beto texts last year even though I moved away from Texas in 2015 and never registered with any democratic party organization. Most campaigns are going to text you if your number turns up somewhere and they think you're a possible voter.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

so i just got an unsolicited text message from "erin" from bernie 2020 explaining what bernie is for and asking if i'm with him.

not really sure how my number got into their database, but it was quite the turnoff.  not sure how others feel about this type of thing.

I put it in the Bern app for maximum harassment potential. take that!

----------------

Bernie saw Beto's swearing and decided to get in on the party

[edit]

Most people bask in applause and love from the crowd. Bernie just wants them to shut up so he can keep talking.

An irascible old fucker.

Edited by bad_teammate

9 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I am a prophet

Given your slow-burn turn against every candidate you claimed to support as they threaten your god-king, I think almost everyone on this board would put their money on you voting for Trump if your nominee isn't the guy before they'd do the same for Hugo. I'm 99% sure Hugo will vote D if it's not Warren. You're at about 50-60% and dropping rapidly as you continue your meltdown parallel to the realization that there's a progressive candidate out there that's better than yours and is going to win.

Edited by BradInATX

The media class obsession with social media is always cute and fun to see. They love to conflate their own personal feelings with voters at large even though they don't represent anyone.

Voters don't know or care who David Sirota is.

January: "TWITTER IS NOT REAL LIFE"

September: "Everything I write is about my Twitter mentions, which is the axis on which the earth rotates."

9 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Voters don't know or care who David Sirota is.

Pretty sure David Sirota’s job is to be an agent of influence for the Bernie Sanders campaign in an effort to persuade voters.  While they might not know or care who David Sirota is, his impact on the campaign can be felt.  If his influence isn’t registering, he should be fired immediately. 

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Sirota is an advisor and speechwriter. No one ever knows who the advisors and speechwriters are. They aren't campaigners.

After the hatchet job Sirota did on Beto I can say I won't vote for a candidate that hires him. 

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

it is very unfair of people to look at a politician's voting records and public positions and then talk about those voting records and public positions :(

It was still a hatchet job. Sirota is trying to become the left's version of Lee Atwater.

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Was there anything factually inaccurate?

I mean, if it was a bunch of lies then I guess you have a point. Otherwise, all Sirota and Ed Jilani and Liz Breunig did was tell you true stuff you didn't want to hear.

Yes, he distorted the facts. 

37 minutes ago, RayDog said:

Yes, he distorted the facts. 

Like what?

I mean, I'm not some lifelong David Sirota fanboy here, but I'm genuinely curious what was unfair or distorted.

45 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Remember how Bernie voted for the 1994 Crime Bill because “reasons” and then decided not to vote for sanctioning Russian oligarchs (at least three times) because also “reasons”. 

Very principled guy that Bernie. 

Russia Hugo is the best Hugo, because it unites his John Birch libertarianism with his abject gullibility.

How is it the Jew gets repeated standing ovations at an Islamic convention? Bernie and Castro were the only ones to show up despite everyone being invited. Believe even Trump.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/01/opinions/bernie-sanders-muslim-american-support-obeidallah/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2F

Who else has commented on Chinese Uyghurs? Kashmir? Palestine?