She’s a grifter, just like her grifter brother. They probably had grifter parents and grifter grandparents

Upgrayedd

3 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

If you want me to keep my mouth shut, it's gonna cost you some dough. I figure a thousand bucks is reasonable, so I want two.

I think this is the best Coen Bros movie. I'll duck

What’s the rumpus?

No need to duck IMO

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

If you want me to keep my mouth shut, it's gonna cost you some dough. I figure a thousand bucks is reasonable, so I want two.

I think this is the best Coen Bros movie. I'll duck

It’s my favorite, too.  Everything on it is sublime but the Carter Burwell score is a particular standout.  

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Miller's Crossing is FINALLY available on streaming, Paramount +. 

I haven't watched in years. Probably the last time was on a Netflix DVD in 2009. 

I think they make the Italian gangsters a little silly while O'Bannon is Liam Neeson with a Tommy gun. Interesting choices, but it works. 

Slight correction. It is available on Paramount+ if you have the Showtime add-on.

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Miller's Crossing is FINALLY available on streaming, Paramount +. 

I haven't watched in years. Probably the last time was on a Netflix DVD in 2009. 

I think they make the Italian gangsters a little silly while O'Bannon is Liam Neeson with a Tommy gun. Interesting choices, but it works. 

3 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Slight correction. It is available on Paramount+ if you have the Showtime add-on.

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Correct. Still beats the shit out of the buy only option for $19.99 that the movie has been stuck on for a decade. 

https://www2.ssoap2day.to/watchmovies/miller-s-crossing

Best of the Coens' "underrated/underappreciated" tier, IMO, amd one of my favorites regardless.

"What's the rumpus," "just speculatin' about a hypothesis," and "up is down, black is white" are in my regular vernacular rotation.

And the theme's riff on "Limerick's Lament" is fantastic.

What a gem of a film.