Indian

Hornbeliever

Yeah Himalaya, London Sizzler, and Shiv Sagar all being in the same strip mall makes for maybe my favorite go-to location in the Gandhi District. Definitely try Shiv Sagar if you haven't, best Indian chaat-type food ("snacks", but loose translation as portions can be plenty big) in town.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Pondicheri was great back in the day (it probably still is)...it's been forever since we've been though.  They used to do a fried chicken night that was awesome.

Fast casual, lunch type place...Tarka fits the bill and is pretty solid for what it is.

Himalaya is our favorite though.  Kaiser (the owner) is a fantastic person, menu guide and he's hilarious too.

We haven't been to Red Lion in forever...they're prices are insane, but they have Indian food.

Edited by Tylerocks

On 3/9/2024 at 11:26 AM, Tylerocks said:

Pondicheri was great back in the day (it probably still is)...it's been forever since we've been though.  They used to do a fried chicken night that was awesome.

Fast casual, lunch type place...Tarka fits the bill and is pretty solid for what it is.

Himalaya is our favorite though.  Kaiser (the owner) is a fantastic person, menu guide and he's hilarious too.

We haven't been to Red Lion in forever...they're prices are insane, but they have Indian food.

Richmond Arms had pretty good curry. Tasted great with a pint of London Pride. RIP. 

On 3/9/2024 at 11:26 AM, Tylerocks said:

Red Lion slammed and went hard for lunch today. I ordered Tikka Masala extra spicy. Had a little kick and some nice richness. Huge portion for $18. Went down well with a couple London Pride pints. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Red Lion slammed and went hard for lunch today. I ordered Tikka Masala extra spicy. Had a little kick and some nice richness. Huge portion for $18. Went down well with a couple London Pride pints. 

Do they have Fullers ESB as well as London Pride?  Last time I was there (2022) they didn't have it.  If they do, I'll stop by when I'm in town next week.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, zlavydra said:

Do they have Fullers ESB as well as London Pride?  Last time I was there (2022) they didn't have it.  If they do, I'll stop by when I'm in town next week.

Yep and Bellhaven. The bartender said the Bellhaven is going to go fast as they only have 3 kegs, and their customers have waited a long time for it. 

Draught London Pride is my favorite beer. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Nice.

Might try to head over this weekend.  

Just started the new season of Somebody Feed Phil, and the 1st episode is in Mumbai. 

🤤