2024 NCAA Baseball

WBT

Posted (edited)

I can’t believe Arizona is hosting. I get they won the regular season title and tournament but the PAC was awful this year.

At the very least if you are going to give Arizona a regional you can’t give Oregon State one too

Edited by chase25

2 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I can’t believe Arizona is hosting. I get they won the regular season title and tournament but the PAC was awful this year.

At the very least if you are going to give Arizona a regional you can’t give Oregon State one too

I also can't believe Oklahoma got two as well.

2 minutes ago, petscii said:

I also can't believe Oklahoma got two as well.

And the WCWS in town next weekend too. State has a lot of ball and bat sports going on 

1 hour ago, chase25 said:

They are 31 in RPI, 36-21 record, 20-10 in conference, and have same SOS as us. If we would have made a run in tournament, I think we would have hosted.

2 minutes ago, Balcones said:

They are 31 in RPI, 36-21 record, 20-10 in conference, and have same SOS as us. If we would have made a run in tournament, I think we would have hosted.

Who knows anymore, PAC 12 getting two hosts is a joke. They were the 6th best conference in the RPI this year. Wouldn't be shocked if we are sent out West now that they have 3 regionals

Crazy story about the Birmingham Southern baseball team in the DIII World Series.  Team is still playing even though the school literally closed this past Friday.  Staved off elimination today in walk-off fashion.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Checked for further info.   Freshmen are bailing out in Lubbock.   May be because Tadlock is going heavy on portal ?   Garet Boehm is Gage's brother,  an infielder.  Perfect Game rated him #1 3B in the State.   Hit .389 with 1 HR in only 18 AB.

Stripling appeared in 33 games with 24 starts for the Red Raiders this season. He hit for a .253 average with four home runs, three doubles and drew 17 walks in 99 plate appearances during his freshman season in Lubbock. He will have three years of eligibility remaining.

On Sunday, Travis Sanders, Davis Rivers and Garet Boehm announced their entries into the transfer portal. All three players were freshmen this season who saw limited action for the Red Raiders. Rivers appeared in 19 games, Sanders 13 and Boehm 11.

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/sports/college/red-raiders/2024/06/03/gavin-kash-texas-tech-baseball-players-headed-to-transfer-portal/73957080007/

• Hook 'Em 1