2024 NCAA Baseball

WBT

Happy Opening Day!

Post about non-UT, non-Big 12 games and general news and notes here.

Indiana @ Duke starts in <6 hours on +.

Arlington has a good field this weekend but lol FloTV.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, Horny Bull said:

Arkansas ace Hagen Smith pulled after just one inning against mighty James Madison. 

Was this due to injury or did he get lit up? I’ve listened to several podcasts this week where guys picked Arkansas to win it all (Omahawgs!! right. gtfo) largely due to the strength of their pitching. If this guy is hurt, that’s pretty big. 

Duke up 8-1 in the bottom of the 1st on George Mason at the Coastal Carolina tournament.  4 HRs in the 1st, two sets of back-to-back with one of them an inside the parker.  George Mason's starter finally got the hook.

34 minutes ago, WBT said:

Duke up 8-1 in the bottom of the 1st on George Mason at the Coastal Carolina tournament.  4 HRs in the 1st, two sets of back-to-back with one of them an inside the parker.  George Mason's starter finally got the hook.

George Mason also lost 26-0 yesterday.

My best friends team at Georgia State is a rolling ball of butcher knives. 11-3 AT mighty New Orleans pelicans.  Nobody just walks in there and dominates NO Like that. 
He got a 4 year extension last year so he’s on his second deal- very happy/proud of him. 
kids are on first of two spring breaks this week so I’m going to go watch them play Georgia on Tuesday. Hope they win. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My best friends team at Georgia State is a rolling ball of butcher knives. 11-3 AT mighty New Orleans pelicans.  Nobody just walks in there and dominates NO Like that. 
He got a 4 year extension last year so he’s on his second deal- very happy/proud of him. 
kids are on first of two spring breaks this week so I’m going to go watch them play Georgia on Tuesday. Hope they win. 

Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Privateers, dumnass!

The Mighty Bobcats (tm) busted out to a 17-0 lead after 3 innings and held on for a 20-2 win over midwestern juggernaut Youngstown State. 

It always fascinates me to see teams that have worked all off-season, throwing their ace in the season opener with everyone ready to go, and they just shit the bed.  That's got to kill your mojo.

George Mason, who lost 26-0 to Coastal, was the big loser of the day.

On 2/17/2024 at 1:03 PM, Beau Vine said:

It always fascinates me to see teams that have worked all off-season, throwing their ace in the season opener with everyone ready to go, and they just shit the bed.  That's got to kill your mojo.

Their "ace" is a tOSU transfer who came in with an ERA of 8.64.  Just looking at last year's numbers, not shocking that he may have been their best option:
image.png.6095d743f48dbb10f7523ed657a1130e.png

Saw something about this series being their 1st time playing outside this year, at all.  Also, their 1st 16 games of the season are on the road.  😲😲

Final tally from the series:  Bobcats 37-Penguins 4

Charlie Condon today against Georgia state

3/3 with 2 HR and 2 walks. Nice play on a hard hit ball to 3B defensive. Kid looks like a ballplayer- everything is smooth and easy. Might go 1-1 next year, might just be a top 10 pick, but yeah- the 25 or 30 scouts in attendance here today in Atlanta could have probably left after the 3rd inning seeing all they have to see. 

On 2/18/2024 at 11:33 AM, Underdog said:

NSIAP

I played softball against a guy who had a full prosthetic from damned hear his hip.  I just thought he had a minor limp until his leg fell off after a close play at first base.  First and only time I saw a game delayed while a guy put his leg back on.  Saw him score from second base once on a single.  Dude wasn't a great player but the leg didn't seem to slow him down much.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Felix said:

I played softball against a guy who had a full prosthetic from damned hear his hip.  I just thought he had a minor limp until his leg fell off after a close play at first base.  First and only time I saw a game delayed while a guy put his leg back on.  Saw him score from second base once on a single.  Dude wasn't a great player but the leg didn't seem to slow him down much.

Disability as a superpower.

#dontstopbelievin’

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Disability as a superpower.

#dontstopbelievin’

He'd fit right in with the Aussie SAS.

Though they drank from a prosthetic leg from a Taliban they dispatched on one of their clearing missions. Nicknamed it "Das Boot" and kept it in their bar where they decompressed between outings outside the wire. 😁

2427-1348286524.jpg

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 1