I want to apologize for Tech fans everywhere

Brian Fantana

I wasn't watching the 2nd half (was trying to get to sleep early actually) but my brother texted me about what happened.

It's fucked up and embarrassing and all of them deserve all the vitriol and hate y'all can muster. Unbelievable to actually stoop to that level. Coach McCasland must be utterly embarrassed by both his team's effort and the crowd's actions tonight.

Y'all know me and know that's not the kind of shit I'm about. Fire away, I'm going back to bed.

Edited by Brian Fantana
fixed title
  • Hook 'Em 3

• Brian Fantana changed the title to I want to apologize for Tech fans everywhere
3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I wasn't watching the 2nd half (was trying to get to sleep early actually) but my brother texted me about what happened.

It's fucked up and embarrassing and all of them deserve all the vitriol and hate y'all can muster. Unbelievable to actually stoop to that level. Coach McCasland must be utterly embarrassed by both his team's effort and the crowd's actions tonight.

Y'all know me and know that's not the kind of shit I'm about. Fire away, I'm going back to bed.

Eh, I ain't mad. I would've preferred it had been tortillas, however.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Oh and congrats on the win you earned it emphatically. I just saw Cunningham's ejection lmao that's baller way to go out. I might be mad if someone got hurt but no one did so who cares imo

Admit it--I out-reversed jinxed you ... for once.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Apologizing for them behaving exactly how we expect them to behave?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I mean good looks bro. I was honestly going to start a "Tech is such a bunch of fucking pussies" thread but I saw this when I went to post. 

You know we like you. I'll get you a vid of a pull-up jumper with some elevation - don't worry. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

You weren't kidding about how terrible y'all currently are...

How soon till your big guy gets back?

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

You weren't kidding about how terrible y'all currently are...

How soon till your big guy gets back?

I'm skeptical he'll play another game. He tried to go @ UCF and just couldn't.

McCasland & Co. pretty cleverly hid this team's deficiencies and depth issues early on in the season (losing a starter for the season before conference play didn't help) and just opened everything up every game with him running the PnR and had us running a pretty damn efficient offense with just that threat alone creating lots of shooting space.

Problem is, we have no one else that isn't hurt on the roster that can be a half decent PnR big so when he's not playing we're actually pretty easy to guard. With him at full strength the offense is still probably pretty potent but he's a 7 footer with a foot problem...the writing is kind of on the wall on that one. There's a reason he was playing so many minutes and ultimately it's backfired but we really had no choice.

They pretty much squeezed blood from a stone this season and I'm happy with that. But everyone has it figured out at this point pretty much. Weirdly, the only coach that didn't seem to figure it out was Bill Self. Even with McCullar out we should not have been able to run them out of the gym like that.