Rudy

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2024 at 8:44 PM, mr. sunshine said:

Second only to Ohio State as far as shitty fans go IMHO

Have to circle back to this.  I have no love for ND but it was a great pregame experience (then they kicked our ass). Cool campus.  Friendly tailgates.  Basically the complete polar opposite in every way compared to the hell hole known as Columbus.  Would absolutely go back to South Bend if we play them again.  You couldn't pay me to go to fucking Ohio State next year.  Fuck that place and I'm still pissed this series was ever scheduled.

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Saw it in the theater opening week before they censored this scene. Great, fun, movie, with a lot of young/famous/character actors. Omar Epps, James Caan, Kristy Swanson, Joey Lauren Adams, Andrew Bryniarski, Halle Barry, Abraham Benrubi, and Craig Sheffer. Very on-point in regards to 90's college ball.

"Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to see a kid do a damn chemistry experiment?"

lol

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/6/2024 at 10:00 AM, 'stache said:

It's cheesy, like 90% of sports movies. Why the hate for this one in particular? Because Notre Dame?

I think it has a lot to do with Joe Montana just slamming the entire thing a few years back.  I think he said that it's totally fabricated and that the rest of the team kinda hated Rudy, so for this to become a movie was completely eye rolling to them.