Victoria, British Columbia

kevwun

The museum's mammoth exhibit is great. The BC Parliament is right there and good too.

Get some fish and chips at Red Fish, Blue Fish.  It is amazing.

Downtown is right there and very walkable.  Lots of pubs and restaurants and non-touristy shopping.  There's a dispensary on every corner.  You could get bikes and cruise through Beacon Hill Park. The park is really nice. 

We were up there for a day last summer.  Took the boy over to Beacon Hill park as mentioned and he really enjoyed it.  Nothing fancy, but there were quite a few locals there that bring their kids there and they all had a good time.  The weather is so awesome, just sitting there doing nothing is still pretty damn nice.  The double decker bus was pretty decent as well.

Looked at our itinerary more closely and realized we don't get to Victoria until 4 in the afternoon, so Butchart isn't option unfortunately.  The museum is open late though, so we can still go to it.

Edited by kevwun

Another vote for Butchart Gardens. They stay open til 10 pm and offer live music, dinner. The lighting is pretty amazing too. I thought this was going to be overrated but I was wrong. I'd go here the night of your arrival and then hang out in the small town the next day if possible. 

Butchart is amazing.  We did that plus museum and castle in the same day.  My favorite part of the museum was actually a life size reproduction of the streets and inside the buildings of old Victoria from back in like the early 1900s.  Felt like I had stepped back in time.