Texas @University of Central Florida Series Thread

petscii

Just now, Bevo&Pevo said:

Schu did all he could.  We'll kick their ass tomorrow. 

Depends. Are our hitters gonna show up? 

Just now, zlavydra said:

Ace's meatball to their best hitter lost the game.

No, our shitty hitting lost the game. 4 Fucking hits is unacceptable. 

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I have no fucking idea what point you are trying to make, but beyond that, I don't care.  Have a nice night.

Just hope you weren’t talking about UCF, because if you were then no point was made by me, you would have done that all by yourself

7 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Just hope you weren’t talking about UCF, because if you were then no point was made by me, you would have done that all by yourself

They're far from the worst team we've lost to this season, but they don't pass the eyeball test, either.  Add in UDub, BYU, UTRGV, A&M-CC, even Texas State and you have to admit we often make opponents look better than they are.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

They're far from the worst team we've lost to this season, but they don't pass the eyeball test, either.  Add in UDub, BYU, UTRGV, A&M-CC, even Texas State and you have to admit we often make opponents look better than they are.

We have lost to some god awful teams this year and if you cope with the losses by saying teams like UCF are shit when they aren’t, more power to you.

I shouldn’t have taken your bait, that’s on me

Edited by chase25

34 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

That was outside AF.

Yeah it’s pretty unusual for a dude that’s at pitch #15 (or whatever) of an at bat, clearly in swing mode, to watch an actual strike. Just listening to it I knew that shit was off the plate. 

35 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Swinging at the first pitch seemingly every at bat until like the 5th inning doesn’t typically result in sustained offense. Sounds like it’s a smaller park? Lots of shitty selfish at bats.

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

LSU RPI… 35

UCF... 32

TCU… 29

San Diego… 25

OSU… 21

Vandy… 22

OU… 17

Aggy… 1

2 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Let's give a bit of credit to 16 for UCF.  He pitched a hell of a game...

• Hook 'Em 1

Have to give a hat tip to Schuessler for what he has done this year. Hitting .348 with a OPS of .990 with 7 bombs. Doesn’t strike out a ton and hits the ball hard often.

Didn’t expect this out of him at all.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, zlavydra said:

How big was the crowd last night? When they showed the stands late in the game, it looked pretty weak (numbers wise).

The crowd was much bigger tonight.    I'm guessing 2k last night.  

I'm not sitting in the sun tomorrow at 1pm florida time..  I'm tapping out and going to New Smyrna/Daytona Beach and then to Jacksonville for some Whataburger.  Craig and Keith on the radio is my jam for the car ride tomorrow.

Anyone need a parking pass for the Sunday game for uhm free?

Edited by petscii
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Have to give a hat tip to Schuessler for what he has done this year. Hitting .348 with a OPS of .990 with 7 bombs. Doesn’t strike out a ton and hits the ball hard often.

Didn’t expect this out of him at all.

Not making a direct comparison between him and Condon but I like guys who have very little movement pre pitch and while loading. Everyone is different but I think you see it with a lot of hitters that don't have very much going on tend to excel at limiting the whiffs. Bet Schlossnagle wishes he had this one to take back