Fox / Disney (ESPN) Sale RE: Fox Sports Southwest

Dr Fear

1 minute ago, Bevo VIII said:

Please refer to prior post regarding keeping it in the realignment fag thread.

Unless you are posting on material pertaining to either media acquisitions or mergers, which could effect realignment, I fail to see where what stated was realignment specific to begin with...

5 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Your failure to maintain such post outside realignment fag Thread is strong.

So is the strength of your post in posting where to post, post pertaining to alignment post... Here is a post on the man at the top post at Comcast:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/06/comcast-ceo-disappointed-in-what-fox-deal-said-about-comcast.html

• 7 months later...
On 9/7/2018 at 12:57 AM, kopp0e said:

Another sad angle is future media contracts doled out, members of the XII & PAC could be at risk of losing P5 status, maybe some dropping to D2, just as Idaho did...

you do (not) realize that Idaho is a different university than  Idaho State

Idaho plays in The Kibbie Dome which has a roof that curves parallel to the field of play

that tweet (clearly says) Idaho State which plays in the Holt Arena with a roof curve that is perpendicular to the field of play

and I hardly think that what is going on with Idaho State (much less Idaho) is really relevant to the Big 12 or even PAC 12

19 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

you do (not) realize that Idaho is a different university than  Idaho State

Idaho plays in The Kibbie Dome which has a roof that curves parallel to the field of play

that tweet (clearly says) Idaho State which plays in the Holt Arena with a roof curve that is perpendicular to the field of play

and I hardly think that what is going on with Idaho State (much less Idaho) is really relevant to the Big 12 or even PAC 12

Sounds like we need a roof/field realignment thread.

• Haha 1

This could be much of nothing, but; as I see it; it's interesting that Oregon Duck mega-booster mentioned both
Larry Scott (strong supporter), & Bob Bowlsby (long time PAC acquaintance), as instrumental in future endeavors:

*BTW, I see it as far more possible for a XII & PAC merger, than a far less possible 100 team split from NCAA in future...

Why it could make a lot of financial sense for the top 100 teams to ...

https://www.cbssports.com/.../why-it-could-make-a-lot-of-financial-sense-for-the-top-...
3 days ago - Why it could make a lot of financial sense for the top 100 teams to break from the NCAA. If the top programs negotiated their own media rights as a collective unit, ...

"I absolutely believe it will happen," said Kilkenny, who is also an Oregon booster and successful businessman. "It has to happen. With the digital age that we're in and the way people get their media and people like Larry Scott and Bob Bowlsby will make it happen. They're in a significant leadership role."

Kilkenny has been a long-time supporter of Scott, the Pac-12 commissioner. His relationship with Bowlsby goes back to when the current Big 12 commissioner was AD at Stanford.

Bowlsby indicated any sort of change to the current structure would be far into the future. The Big 12 just announced a lucrative bridge deal with ESPN that makes the league the first Power Five conference to sell content to the company's ESPN+ digital platform. 

Through a spokesman, Scott had no comment.

"Smart, visionary leaders will figure those things out," Kilkenny said, "but you do have to get the NCAA out of the way."

Kilkenny, 67, remains an influential figure in college athletics, especially on the West Coast. He was Oregon's AD from 2006-09, during which time he secured a $100 million donation from Knight for Oregon's current basketball arena. He also is responsible for reinstating baseball after 28 years.

The way I see it, PAC schools are hemorrhaging revenue, trying to keep athletics afloat vs earnings in SEC/ B1G & PAC, an alliance has been discussed,
(& I think USC is listening to a "more than" alliance, if offered revenues in $60+ million per year, in a league with both Oklahoma & Texas on the annual roster...

Edited by kopp0e

21 hours ago, kopp0e said:

The way I see it, PAC schools are hemorrhaging revenue, trying to keep athletics afloat vs earnings in SEC/ B1G & PAC, an alliance has been discussed,
(& I think USC is listening to a "more than" alliance, if offered revenues in $60+ million per year, in a league with both Oklahoma & Texas on the annual roster...

If anyone is ready to do something different, it has to be the Trojans, they are the Pac 12.  Will they be able to break free or do they have to take certain schools with them the way Texas has to with Tech and ou with okie light?

I'm thinking that a merger is more likely down the road, hopefully no more than a 14 school merger.

• Like 1