Liverpool 2017-18: We won it 5 times

longhorndude

42 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I keep meaning to do this but it's not easy with kiddo soccer on the weekends. I may hit them up when everyone's out of town on May 5th. You go to the Addison one?

Yep.  Got there right at kick off and it was pretty packed.  Two fans were at a table for ~8 so I asked to sit down and they said as long as I was supporting Liverpool(shout out to Tanner and Taylor if they happen to be around).  

Funny you're talking about your kid, a husband/wife and their 12 year old joined us about ten minutes in.  He's a soccer player but was more interested in his phone than the game.  The wife was most into it.  

I have the same issue with kid's games on the weekend and it's pretty far from me in west FM, but my older daughter goes to school across the street so it made it convenient.  Was able to pick her up right after the game.

Cool atmosphere, and fine food.  Place went BANANAS after Salah's goal predictably.

5 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I’d like to join y’all at The Londoner for the next big game if possible.  If either of y’all decide to go anytime soon, will u post on here?

Yep, may work out ok for the CL games.  I can't pay attention at work, and logistically works out ok for me.  

Are you playing up at Blue Sky(earlier post reference)?  

38 minutes ago, pied said:

Yep, may work out ok for the CL games.  I can't pay attention at work, and logistically works out ok for me.  

Are you playing up at Blue Sky(earlier post reference)?  

I may be confused, but if you’re asking where I play soccer, its NTPSA - last night’s game was at Five Star in The Colony.

Like most of y’all, my schedule is all over the place.  I play, kids play, and I teach which is going to make the CL games difficult.  At some point we’ll cross paths.

And, MIB, I’d be coming from Rowlett.  So Addison is closer, but Colleyville is not out of the question.  It’s just going to be an adjustment for me.  I could have a few beers and walk across the street to get home in Knox.  Here I’ll have to drive meaning less suds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Klopp likes guys like Ox who can be very defensive minded in the midfield. 

Klopp played Mario Gotze for Borussia Dortmund. He likes players who can take the ball and make runs through the midfield. That’s the entire reason for Ox, Gini (even though he’s bad at it), Keita. Coutinho can play in any system in the world and certainly in Klopps high press

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Klopp played Mario Gotze for Borussia Dortmund. He likes players who can take the ball and make runs through the midfield. That’s the entire reason for Ox, Gini (even though he’s bad at it), Keita. Coutinho can play in any system in the world and certainly in Klopps high press

Maybe a bit of sour grapes on my part, but I see us thriving without him. He's great. No doubt. But his lack of energy when tracking back / my back hurts had to make Klopp question if was worth the headache.

Phil wasn't a square peg in a round hole or anything, but I'm not sure he's a player Klopp would ever go out and buy. I don't think Klopp was bothered by his departure, in part because he didn't want to be here but also because, while a very good player, he hasn't exactly been missed.

1 hour ago, 406W30th said:

Phil wasn't a square peg in a round hole or anything, but I'm not sure he's a player Klopp would ever go out and buy. I don't think Klopp was bothered by his departure, in part because he didn't want to be here but also because, while a very good player, he hasn't exactly been missed.

Name a player in the current midfield you'd pick before Coutinho? 

Klopp doesn’t miss our plan B being  the team passing it to Phil and everyone standing around and hoping magic happens (he said this exact thing after Phil went to Barca). There’s a strong correlation between him shootings 15 times outside the box and us losing/drawing the match. Our PPG has been a lot higher without Phil this season than with him. Doesn’t mean he’s not a lot higher ranked on FIFA than any current midfielder we have. 

• Like 1

Do you think we've missed Coutinho?

Yes. I'm glad we've kept up our PPG but to argue that's solely because we sold Coutinho is sophomoric.

Mané is now playing more of the role Coutinho was playing because we have so little playmaking ability in the midfield.

Now answer the question you've dodged.

5 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Yes. I'm glad we've kept up our PPG but to argue that's solely because we sold Coutinho is sophomoric.

Now answer the question you've dodged.

Who argued that the sole reason we've kept up our PPG is because we sold Coutinho? Pretty big strawman. 

Coutinho was one of the first names on the team sheet, no doubt. He's a world class player whose individual attacking talent is better than most of our players. He's not a player Klopp would buy on the open market and his absence has barely affected us. (We just beat City twice in the span of six days, 5-1 on aggregate.)

MIB is funny. Day after we beat man city and he’s talking shit about Lallana on one thread and crying about Coutinho being sold on this thread. I’m sure if we win the champions league you’ll bitch afterwards that Milner didn’t deserve to start or FSG lacks ambition. 

Give it a rest for a day or two. 

• Like 1

MIB is funny. Day after we beat man city and he’s talking shit about Lallana on one thread and crying about Coutinho being sold on this thread. I’m sure if we win the champions league you’ll bitch afterwards that Milner didn’t deserve to start or FSG lacks ambition. 

Give it a rest for a day or two. 

How about use an ounce of intellectual honesty

Would I want Coutinho to start yesterday trying to protect a 3-0 lead over any of Wijnaldum/Milner/Ox. 

No I would not. 

If we we’re down 3-0 I would love to have him. But we haven’t been down much at all since he quit on his team and was sold. 

Did we beat Man City 3 times in a row without him? Yes. Would our league position be any better than where it is now with him? Doubtful. 

What’s the point of continuing to bitch about him being sold? You do the same thing on multiple other Liverpool boards. It’s tiresome. 

It would be nice if we'd stop prosecuting the Coutinho shit over and over. He's gone and this team is doing okay without him. If you had told me before he was sold that we'd be top 4 in the EPL with CL assured for next season and a chance to go to the UCL finals, all without him, I'd be perfectly fine with him being gone. It all worked out. LFC fans, let it go.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

MIB and I rarely agree on virtually anything but I don’t think he’s bitching about Coutinho being sold. He’s just pointing out that there’s no reason to pretend Coutinho wasn’t our best midfield player. 

And Mo isn’t an attacking midfielder. He’s a forward. Coutinho puts Ox on the bench if he’s here. 

Do I think losing Coutinho has negatively effected the team? Obviously not. Do I think Klopp would still love to have him? Absolutely. Klopp may not target him on the open market but he certainly fits the style of play Klopp plays. People seem to want to retroactively pretend that he didn’t work hard while here which is false. He pressed well when playing forward and he was our most effective player at advancing the ball through midfield which is something Klopp clearly values.

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It would be nice if we'd stop prosecuting the Coutinho shit over and over. He's gone and this team is doing okay without him. If you had told me before he was sold that we'd be top 4 in the EPL with CL assured for next season and a chance to go to the UCL finals, all without him, I'd be perfectly fine with him being gone. It all worked out. LFC fans, let it go.

maxresdefault.jpg

And this

Would I want Coutinho to start yesterday trying to protect a 3-0 lead over any of Wijnaldum/Milner/Ox. 
No I would not. 
If we we’re down 3-0 I would love to have him. But we haven’t been down much at all since he quit on his team and was sold. 
Did we beat Man City 3 times in a row without him? Yes. Would our league position be any better than where it is now with him? Doubtful. 

What’s the point of continuing to bitch about him being sold? You do the same thing on multiple other Liverpool boards. It’s tiresome. 

You're lying to yourself if you wouldn't want Coutinho on the pitch yesterday. Especially after watching the first half. I won't go back and post any of your comments about the midfield because you're already aware of them.

Yes we beat Man City 3 times in a row. You're purposely ignoring my comments about being excited about our wins.

Would our league position be better? Probably not we've played great. I'm not disputing that. I'm also not making an asinine argument that we don't miss him especially with out injury situation.

FYI I didnt bring up Coutinho. Weasel did and thought his comment was silly. So did others. That spun into this.

I'm not on other Liverpool boards so I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.