Ft Hood Jihadist: kill innocents to save my mother's soul

crash_davis

what a fucked up dude.  

https://abcnews.go.com/US/us-army-officer-turned-terrorist-thought-attack-save/story?id=58585738

Newly published excerpts of jailhouse letters from U.S. Army officer-turned-terrorist Nidal Hasan show that he is almost completely without remorse for the 13 lives he took during the Fort Hood attack in 2009, the culmination of a twisted jihadist quest that he hoped would somehow save his mother’s soul.

Asked if he believed he was committing a “good deed” by murdering his fellow soldiers that day, former Army Maj. Hasan responded in one letter to a terrorism researcher, “Of course!”

“I considered those who were trying to help the U.S. undermine the Taliban’s attempt to establish Sharia (God’s) Law as the supreme law of the land and replace it with something else like a democracy that doesn’t rule by God’s law the enemies of God, and thus worthy of fighting/killing,” Hasan wrote in a letter to the researcher Katharine Poppe in November 2017, portions of which were published by the George Washington University’s Program on Extremism on Thursday.

In doing this “good deed,” Hasan hoped to balance what he saw were his own mother’s sins — namely selling alcohol for years at their secular Muslim family’s store — to save her from literally burning for all eternity.

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's one thing for a goatherd in ____________stan to harbor such beliefs, but this guy was raised in the US, went to VaTech, and is a medical doctor.

and is severely mentally ill.

something else i've repeatedly stated. people who end up doing these types of acts will commit their acts for their own motivations. 

it's one thing for a goatherd in _______stan to fire indiscriminately into a las vegas concert crowd, but steven paddock was raised in the US, had a business degree.

these guys break and find their own motivations. for those with strong muslim leanings, they wrap themselves in muslim extremism as that reason. for those with anti-government sentiment, such as james hodgkinson the anti-republican political nutbar, that's where it manifests.

what we need to fundamentally understand is the commonalities between these killers. crazy will always find its motivation for crazy behavior. 

we focus far too much on the differences, but we have case after case of these guys, some who die but leave manifestos or screeds against whoever or whatever. my hypothesis is that there are commonalities that we can discover when we interview the ones that survive. and not just interview in the immediate aftermath. interview for decades. as long as we can. who knows what perspective might mature in their minds as they age?

anyways, just a pet issue of mine. i feel the same about serial killers. i think the death penalty for these types of people is a tremendously wasted opportunity.

Edited by hayden_horn

56 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this is a major part of the reason i advocate against the death penalty (generally i do, but more specifically in cases like this) because we can learn so much about how these folks think and how they shape and present their own motivations for the chaos they perpetrate.

I think there is usually plenty of time to learn about these pieces of shit in the almost 20 years between crime and actual execution.  This turd needs to be flushed post haste.  

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Hate said:

I think there is usually plenty of time to learn about these pieces of shit in the almost 20 years between crime and actual execution.  This turd needs to be flushed post haste.  

What I'm interested in goes beyond two decades. But i get the sentiment. I just happen to disagree. 

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

this is a major part of the reason i advocate against the death penalty (generally i do, but more specifically in cases like this) because we can learn so much about how these folks think and how they shape and present their own motivations for the chaos they perpetrate.

There's also the whole "the State of Texas has most assuredly executed an innocent person" thing to take into consideration. 

Morally, I'd be fine with putting this piece of shit in front of a firing squad, though. Although he probably deserves much worse. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

Why are those two things mutually exclusive? This motherfucker needs to fry

On 10/18/2018 at 3:18 PM, irishtexan said:

There's also the whole "the State of Texas has most assuredly executed an innocent person" thing to take into consideration. 

Morally, I'd be fine with putting this piece of shit in front of a firing squad, though. Although he probably deserves much worse. 

I think they should slide him across a mile of razor blades and dump him into a pool of alcohol.

So his mother is getting fingerbanged by 72 virgins in the afterlife while he continues to shit himself and have a beard-growing contest with Toby, the one-armed Orthodox Jew that lives in the walls of his cell?  Good job Hassan, way to plan ahead. 

On 10/18/2018 at 1:17 PM, hayden_horn said:

So we can hear crazy thoughts from lunatics so that other crazies may get ideas?  Nah, he shoulda been quickly dispatched with a bullet to the head. No media, no fanfare - just the quick elimination of evil.