8-0. Just like Alabama.

Beau Vine

27 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Fuck this first round bye bullshit when the difference between the 2nd and 3rd ranked teams isn't always going to be cut and dry.  Eight teams, five P5 champs, next 3 highest ranked, trumped by 2 teams max from any conference.   

This is the cleanest and easiest option. However, I imagine politics will come into play and there will be some mechanism for the G5 getting close to a guaranteed spot. Could range from just being highest ranked undefeated G5 to highest ranked G5 within a certain band (Top 10 or 15) in some new BCS system designed to seed the teams. I could live with that scenario just to get CCG autobids.

4 hours ago, Treefidy said:

P5 should go to 8 teams, G5 should break away and have their own thing. 

Dont really like 6 because SEC already gets more byes during the season than most others, why reward them for that by giving them another one in the playoffs. 

I agree with this. I also like the idea of having teams that do well in G5 move up and replace teams in P5 that don't. It's doubtful either idea would ever happen though because of money and TV appearances and whatnot. The haves will refuse to let the have-nots play in any reindeer games.

First week of Regional Rankings were released yesterday afternoon

http://www.d2football.com/regionalrankings/13/

Region 4:

1. Minnesota Duluth (8-0)
2. Minnesota State (8-0)
3. Colorado Mines (8-0)
4. CSU-Pueblo (7-1)
5. Tarleton State (7-0)
6. Midwestern State (6-1)
7. Texas A&M-Commerce (5-2)

So Mines actually is that unfortunate bastard that would have to host a first round contest as an unbeaten team (then again, so is Minn. State) if the season were to end today. Tough crowd this year. Midwestern actually should be in that mix too, but they were royally screwed over by a series of shenanigans in that horseshit "game" against Texas A&M Commerce a couple weeks ago. In fact of the whole of DII, Tarleton State is the lone unbeaten that is being outshined in the regional rankings by a team with a loss, and that largely has to do with the fact that Pueblo's loss was against none other than Colorado Mines. Regardless, Tarleton is going to get the piss smacked out of them this weekend when they travel to Wichita Falls, so that lone exception will be corrected.

Edited by hpslugga

Duluth and Minnesota State are actually in the same conference.  They're not scheduled to play this year BECAUSE THERE ARE 16 FUCKING TEAMS IN THAT CONFERENCE AND THEY DON'T HAVE A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.  SHIT.

Pueblo is also ahead of Tarleton because they beat TAMUC on the road when they were ranked #1.  Tarleton plays at Midwestern this weekend -- if they win, I bet they jump Pueblo.