Caden Sterns and Kris Boyd both semifinalists for the Thorpe Award

Goo Punch

26 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I forgive ET not winning it because Eric Berry is a fucking baller and an exemplar of a human being, but Thomas was the best DB in the country that season. 

Let's bring this award back to DBU. 

They didn’t want Texas to win it 3 out 5 years tbh. Earl was far and away the best DB in the nation

2 hours ago, NowThis said:

game threads don't like Boyd 

Maybe Devante Davis is doin his job and they got to pick on somebody. I like how he keeps playing and doesn't give up after getting burned. Just got to KEEP PLAYING HARD and good things will happen. Sure, bad shit happens, nobody is perfect, but the way the team all keeps their head up and focused is awesome.

Just now, Zavala said:

Maybe Devante Davis is doin his job and they got to pick on somebody. I like how he keeps playing and doesn't give up after getting burned. Just got to KEEP PLAYING HARD and good things will happen. Sure, bad shit happens, nobody is perfect, but the way the team all keeps their head up and focused is awesome.

Boyd has the NFL body and will do well is speed & agility tests.  It's his technique that keeps him burned as we all see on gameday.  People say he's targeted due to covering the best WR but he covers a variety of WRs and still targeted. 

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

Boyd has the NFL body and will do well is speed & agility tests.  It's his technique that keeps him burned as we all see on gameday.  People say he's targeted due to covering the best WR but he covers a variety of WRs and still targeted. 

What I'm saying is he's targeted because they don't want to target Devante Davis. Id be curious to see what the target distribution is to both guys.

Maybe Boyd should be playing more of a Locke role, but there isn't anybody to replace Boyd out there on an island.

11 minutes ago, Zavala said:

What I'm saying is he's targeted because they don't want to target Devante Davis. Id be curious to see what the target distribution is to both guys.

Maybe Boyd should be playing more of a Locke role, but there isn't anybody to replace Boyd out there on an island.

i guess Davis should be on that list not Boyd since everyone is scared of Davis.  Weird, these lists are not too meaningful.

Opposing teams are most definitely not afraid to throw at Devante Davis. Boyd has his warts, but he’s a pretty damn good college corner and will likely be drafted in the late first/second round next year.