TRAVEL: Points, Miles, Discounts, Tips, Advice & Questions

Spankytoes

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

im lazy and they also send spam emails and the memberships expires after inactivity so i have to reactive aeroplan and aer lingus and so on.  but mostly im lazy

You don't deserve those points 😀

Buy a Delta gift card

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

of course british airways of all carriers would keep this long list of titles, honorifics, and peerages

by the way, Avios isnt bad! was able to redeem my amex for everyone and surcharges werent that bad, esp compared to current summertime airfare

Screenshot2024-03-27at7_54_09PM.thumb.png.5d5c8383e304590b35c8d65f3a9b2f5c.png

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

of course british airways of all carriers would keep this long list of titles, honorifics, and peerages

by the way, Avios isnt bad! was able to redeem my amex for everyone and surcharges werent that bad, esp compared to current summertime airfare

Screenshot2024-03-27at7_54_09PM.thumb.png.5d5c8383e304590b35c8d65f3a9b2f5c.png

If you fly domestically with any frequency, even 3x-4x/yr, and would be interested in how to game AA's system domestically, holler and I would be happy to go through all of it again. It only works if you travel abroad annually though, as you need 4 flights (individual, so A->B with a layover is 2, so r/t w/ a layover each way makes 4) on either BA metal, or a codeshare, and BA can't sell domestic US tickets as a codeshare. But, the end game is free, full lounge access (yes, even Flagship Lounge, and even if only flying domestically) as well as some other stuff. But the above is the big thing. Why? Because when you get in a bind, the agents in the lounge are far better equipped to fix it, and fix it well. They have user permissions well above the agents available to the plebs. Plus, you know, self-pour at the Flagship Lounges kinda rocks.

• 3 weeks later...

If you fly domestically with any frequency, even 3x-4x/yr, and would be interested in how to game AA's system domestically, holler and I would be happy to go through all of it again. It only works if you travel abroad annually though, as you need 4 flights (individual, so A->B with a layover is 2, so r/t w/ a layover each way makes 4) on either BA metal, or a codeshare, and BA can't sell domestic US tickets as a codeshare. But, the end game is free, full lounge access (yes, even Flagship Lounge, and even if only flying domestically) as well as some other stuff. But the above is the big thing. Why? Because when you get in a bind, the agents in the lounge are far better equipped to fix it, and fix it well. They have user permissions well above the agents available to the plebs. Plus, you know, self-pour at the Flagship Lounges kinda rocks.

I would like to know this information. I fly primarily on AA 4-6x a year, some domestic, some Europe, some Caribbean, some Mexico. I would love Flagship Lounge access.

19 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

I would like to know this information. I fly primarily on AA 4-6x a year, some domestic, some Europe, some Caribbean, some Mexico. I would love Flagship Lounge access.

It is fairly straight FWD. Set up a BA account, fly on that account until you meet the minimum tier points and legs required (on BA flights) to get Silver on BA, then you can switch back to flying on your AA account. At silver you get access to any oneworld airline lounge regardless of cabin, international and domestic, until your status expires.

If you think you can get enough for Gold status on BA that is what you should go for. Gets you access to the oneworld First class lounges and the way BA does their tiers you will get two years of lounge access. Since they don't bump you all the way back down to the bottom tier after the year, you will be silver for the second year and still have access.