NY Times or Washington Post?

I got a free 6month sub for WaPo through Amazon about a year ago and really enjoyed it.  I didn't renew because I found that it was easy to just find articles here and elsewhere.  

I will say that I thought the reporting was excellent but all of the offerings were a bit lost on my wants and needs.

I'd say give it a shot

On 1/24/2019 at 1:57 PM, Asithappens said:

Not exactly an urgent question, I know, but if you had to pick one news source, would it be the NYT or WaPo?

I currently have an NYT sub, but am less than enamored. But I do love the crossword, which may be the final decision point.

imagev1a75a7cc25952d1c050956f719bfd55ac-

On a more serious note, I have subscribed only to the NYT Crossword for 1 1/2 years now.  You can do it without the entire paper subscription.  It's $7/month and well worth it.  I only do Fri-Sun puzzles (the hardest) but they have an archive back to 1993 or so.  Well worth it.

The Post's only puzzle I do is the past Saturday's - the others are too easy to me.

Anyway, you can do your NYT crosswords to your heart's content without wasting money on a subscription otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

NYT without question. The WaPo has become very shrill IMO and is not the same under Bezos’ ownership. I am a subscriber to both the WSJ and NYT. The WSJ editorial slant and world view is much closer to mine than the NYT but there is no denying that the Times is quality journalism and sets the table on discussion of politics in this country. In my opinion, to be a well informed person, a highly educated person needs to read the Times every day no matter how much may disagree with their editorial board and columnists. NYT blows the WaPo out of the water when it comes to international news

Edited by Iconoclast Texan