SERVICE AIRBAG.... shit !!!!!!

'06 Tahoe.  The text I saw on the dashboard display after I got in my SUV at the airport last night.  

Saw a U tube video today that says the airbag sensors at the front end eventually get water inside, freeze, and that kills 'em. Looks relatively like a plug and play fix.  Anyone had the SERVICE AIRBAG display come up ?? 

On 1/29/2019 at 1:07 AM, RPM said:

Get a scan tool and find out what the code is. You can borrow one from Autozone for free or you can not be a poor and buy a cheap bluetooth OBD dongle and a free app on your phone.

This. Gotta have the DTC to start. Too many sensors and electrical connections to just start replacing parts... unless you're made of money.

Condition

Some customers may comment that the Service Supplemental Inflatable Restraint Light is on.

Diagnosis with a scan tool may indicate a DTC B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044.

Correction

DO THIS

Don't Do This

Test for proper connection/high resistance at connector C221 and/or C222.

DO NOT replace SIR system components prior to testing for proper connection/high resistance in C221 and/or for DTCs B0013, B0014, B0017, B0018, B0024, B0026, B0043, B0044.