VY still got it.

Goo Punch

On 3/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

I read in the paper this morning, that he was only being paid $50K.  So, for what's that's worth.  Still got fired, and will need to find a job, I'm guessing.

Originally the job was full time, $100k/year. Later it was changed to part time and reduced to $50k.

So VY needs to get his shit together, and stop being a fuck up.

Having said that...I feel the situation could have been handled better as far as the PR goes. Don't get me wrong, VY is def at fault. But did they really need to release things like fired for "showing up late, poor performance...etc". Why kick a alum legend when he is down, VY obviously needs some help. Could they not have just released a brief "We have mutually parted ways, while VY will get treatment" or some shit. I mean for all the greatness he has brought to the University, I think they could have at least done that for him. He is still a longhorn at the end of the day, who I think we all still support. 

Edited by hundredTT

4 hours ago, Matuka said:

As mentioned before, UT’s PR department did not release any details, Associated Press requested records which UT was obliged to produce.

Still, there are ways to release info. Big corp does it every day. Texas dropped the ball. No excused to make VY look like an idiot, more than he has done to himself. I've already heard from several UT semi-big wig donors who are not happy with how things went down. Believe it or not, VY remains a very big deal to some very big people involved aka big $$$$ donors. They don't want the embarrassment after vouching for VY in the past. 

Edited by hundredTT

22 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

Still, there are ways to release info. Big corp does it every day. Texas dropped the ball. No excused to make VY look like an idiot, more than he has done to himself. I've already heard from several UT semi-big wig donors who are not happy with how things went down. Believe it or not, VY remains a very big deal to some very big people involved aka big $$$$ donors. They don't want the embarrassment after vouching for VY in the past. 

Well you have to have a reason to fire him, and that's not going to sound great no matter how you spin it. The school kept it quiet, but was legally required to release that info if someone figured it out and asked. Big corporation have different reporting rules.

• Like 1

So VY needs to get his shit together, and stop being a fuck up.
Having said that...I feel the situation could have been handled better as far as the PR goes. Don't get me wrong, VY is def at fault. But did they really need to release things like fired for "showing up late, poor performance...etc". Why kick a alum legend when he is down, VY obviously needs some help. Could they not have just released a brief "We have mutually parted ways, while VY will get treatment" or some shit. I mean for all the greatness he has brought to the University, I think they could have at least done that for him. He is still a longhorn at the end of the day, who I think we all still support. 

Is Vince actually willing to enter treatment? If not, then issuing a respectful, but false, statement like that may prevent Vince from experiencing the consequences of his actions, and could deprive him of the ability to honestly assess whether he needs help.

It’s possible to still love and support the man without condoning or supporting his self-destructive behavior.

18 hours ago, hundredTT said:

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this take.