Big 12 Rosters

texasstrong12

On 6/1/2018 at 11:41 AM, Machinator said:

Looks like OU 2018 WR signee Kundarrius Taylor might not qualify.

Not the only Gooner that hasn't made it in

Tatum is an animal, Simpson had a lazy rep as a player and that seems to not just be on the field.

De4EtK_UYAAFteB.jpg

Edited by texifornia

25 minutes ago, Lloyd Christmas said:

Makes me wonder how Vince Young lasted more than 2 weeks in Austin. 

Honestly, man, spare us academic defense of OU talk and general academic smack talk. You are a gnat in our fucking face on stuff like that and aren't worth the bullet. Take that shit up with someone equally as pathetic on the academic front like the okie state guys or KSU people. I click on this thread for actual information, not sooner mouthbreathing. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Honestly, man, spare us academic defense of OU talk and general academic smack talk. You are a gnat in our fucking face on stuff like that and aren't worth the bullet. Take that shit up with someone equally as pathetic on the academic front like the okie state guys or KSU people. I click on this thread for actual information, not sooner mouthbreathing. Thanks.

Tell that to scholz who brought that up.   I was just exclaiming my surprise how Young was able to survive academically after he brought up Marshall.    And the fact that you dont like it only makes it better for me. Thanks. 

Edited by Lloyd Christmas

1 minute ago, Lloyd Christmas said:

Tell that to scholz who brought that up.   I was just exclaiming my surprise how Young was able to survive academically.  And the fact that you dont like it only makes it better for me. Thanks.  

I don't care if Vince Young were to be discovered fighting in Syria on behalf of ISIS, I'd still be grateful for what he did at Texas. There's not a thing you can do or say that will bother me when I think of Vince Young. 

You're a sooner, and you're kind of a run-of-the-mill one in terms of mental capacity, so of course you missed the point. Like I said, you aren't worth the bullet on this kind of silliness, so I'm content to let you think whatever you'd like, as long as you shut the fuck up on this thread about the glories of OU academics.

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't care if Vince Young were to be discovered fighting in Syria on behalf of ISIS, I'd still be grateful for what he did at Texas. There's not a thing you can do or say that will bother me when I think of Vince Young. 

You're a sooner, and you're kind of a run-of-the-mill one in terms of mental capacity, so of course you missed the point. Like I said, you aren't worth the bullet on this kind of silliness, so I'm content to let you think whatever you'd like, as long as you shut the fuck up on this thread about the glories of OU academics.

No doubt, I would be grateful for his efforts too.    I am not trying to bother you about him at all. lol Again I was responding to scholz' comment about Marshall being stupid and still qualifying at OU. He brought it up, not me.  Not my fault you take offense to my observation.     It seems you are the one who missed the point here.  Maybe you should pay more attention before getting triggered by someone who wasnt even talking to you. 

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Bringing this back to the original topic of the thread: the OU braniacs site says Tramonda Moore is in and they think that Tatum and Simpson eventually make it in.

Tatum sounds like he just missed half a credit because his public school administrators were incompetent (hello Oklahoma!).

Simpson sounded like it's going to be a really tough road to hoe per Hale, who is usually retardedly optimistic about OU.

5 hours ago, Lloyd Christmas said:

Makes me wonder how Vince Young lasted more than 2 weeks in Austin. 

Ha. VY earned a degree in education (youth and community studies) and it was important enough for him to come back and complete it. Not the hardest degree plan admittedly but one that prepares one to be a productive member of society at least.

Compare that to Torrance Marshall who was as dumb as a box of hair or the latest OU cum laude Parrish Cobb who just completed the school to prison pipeline. That’s what the OU make up your own degree plan gets you. Take advantage of the kids for football and give them zero preparation for life. As admitted by your own academic advisor on national tv.

I’ll be happy to discuss the academic integrity of our respective schools further and no, academically ineligible players at OU most certainly does not happen more than you think as you stated. That’s hilarious. I can count on my fingers the total # of those during Stoops’ entire tenure at your juco football factory.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

Ha. VY earned a degree in education (youth and community studies) and it was important enough for him to come back and complete it. Not the hardest degree plan admittedly but one that prepares one to be a productive member of society at least.

Compare that to Torrance Marshall who was as dumb as a box of hair or the latest OU cum laude Parrish Cobb who just completed the school to prison pipeline. That’s what the OU make up your own degree plan gets you. Take advantage of the kids for football and give them zero preparation for life. As admitted by your own academic advisor on national tv.

I’ll be happy to discuss the academic integrity of our respective schools further and no, academically ineligible players at OU most certainly does not happen more than you think as you stated. That’s hilarious. I can count on my fingers the total # of those during Stoops’ entire tenure at your juco football factory.

Punching women in the face or throwing them down a flight of stairs also doesn’t result in ineligibility.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Scholz said:

Still have my doubts he has learned to read full sentences yet though.  But that is good he went and completed that degree at least. 

Marshall was no genius, doesnt take away from Young.  Coupla guys who might be as intelligent as jello. But good football players.

• Fuck You 3

VY legitimately matriculated to UT.  Marshall couldn't get into private school Miami.  So again, fog a mirror and play football?  You're in at OU.  And more importantly stay eligible.

Edited by Scholz

5 hours ago, Scholz said:

VY legitimately matriculated to UT.  Marshall couldn't get into private school Miami.  So again, fog a mirror and play football?  You're in at OU.  And more importantly stay eligible.

Awesome.  I love seeing a guy who can barely read get a degree.  We need more people like him

Edited by Lloyd Christmas
  • Fuck You 6

19 hours ago, Lloyd Christmas said:

Awesome.  I love seeing a guy who can barely read get a degree.  We need more people like him

VY can read fine. And players at UT are forced to earn what they get unlike in Norman. You’re just pissy about your sub par school. I understand.

DfDhlVYUYAAqHgY.jpg
Edited by Scholz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TCU has added Darrion Flowers to the team.  Flowers committed to TCU out of Arlington Sam Houston back in 2015 but decided to focus on track and not play football.  He has one year of eligibility left and will play corner and special teams.  He might return some kicks.  He was a really good sprinter for TCU:  6.70 in the 60M, 10.23 in the 100M, 20.69 in the 200M and a member of the TCU 4x400 relay that ran a 38.42 in the NCAA finals.  I don't know if he will ever see the field as a corner after not having played since the fall of 2014 but I would like to see him return some kicks. 

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/TCU-track-star-Darrion-Flowers-will-join-Frogs-football-team-according-to-sources-119665852/

Ridwan Issahaku is no longer on the TCU roster.  He started 12 games last year and a few the year before but he didn't play in the Alamo Bowl last season.  Innis Gaines started the bowl game and will take Issahaku's place.  Issahaku was a very good player the last couple of years but Gaines has the potential to be an all-conference, if not all-American, quality player.  I think he will be the fastest safety Patterson has ever had and he's 6'2" 205 lbs and hits like a LB. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Sooner’s media day on Sunday was mostly an upbeat affair as it’s general goal is to highlight positives for the season and show off their facilities. However, there was some bad news. Lincoln Riley confirmed that four players have been ruled out for the 2018 season due to health concerns and suffered injuries, and all four losses are on the defensive side of the ball.

In one of the scarier health concerns, freshman linebacker Jalen Redmond was hospitalized with blood clots in his lungs. He spent a few of days in the Hospital, but is expected to be fine and be with the team next season.

Redmond was a  4-star, highly-touted member of the Sooner’s 2018 class out of Midwest City, OK, and before the health scare, he was expected to be a part of the rotation this season in the JACK position. Instead, Redmond will use his redshirt year and will have four years of eligibility remaining starting next season.

The three others have all suffered season-ending injuries. Freshman defensive tackle Michael Thompson is out with an ACL injury, junior safety Chanse Sylvie is out with an injured Achilles, and senior defensive back Prentice McKinney has a shoulder injury.

48 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Any of those actual starters?

Not really but losing depth at DB and DE will hurt.

- Sylvie was competing for a starting spot at Safety, which might be their weakest position after losing both 2017 starters to graduation.

- Redmond (DE/LB) would have cracked the 2-deep to help fill the void left by Okoronkwo.  Scary health situation for Redmond, hope he recovers.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Texas Town said:

Not really but losing depth at DB and DE will hurt.

- Sylvie was competing for a starting spot at Safety, which might be their weakest position after losing both 2017 starters to graduation.

- Redmond (DE/LB) would have cracked the 2-deep to help fill the void left by Okoronkwo.  Scary health situation for Redmond, hope he recovers.

Redmond was a candidate to wind up being a starter and potential star. Same can be said for Thompson. This is all good news for us.

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Redmond was a candidate to wind up being a starter and potential star. Same can be said for Thompson. This is all good news for us.

Maybe but they keep raving about Perkins and Tatum who arent hurt.  I think the youth on the line will be a thorn in the big 12's side for a while. 

8 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah, this hasn't been a great offseason for OU with injuries. 

Their defense is probably going to be trash again next year. 

Perhaps but I'll bet you  buffalo nickel they'll be improved over last year.  The recruiting  in the 17 and 18 classes was really good, a better htan it was in the previous few seasons.  So much so that the best player in the whole secondary is probably a freshman.  Bookie and Foster will be fun to watch for the next few years- couple of real head hunters.

59 minutes ago, Greg Focker said:

Maybe but they keep raving about Perkins and Tatum who arent hurt.  I think the youth on the line will be a thorn in the big 12's side for a while. 

Perhaps but I'll bet you  buffalo nickel they'll be improved over last year.  The recruiting  in the 17 and 18 classes was really good, a better htan it was in the previous few seasons.  So much so that the best player in the whole secondary is probably a freshman.  Bookie and Foster will be fun to watch for the next few years- couple of real head hunters.

1. Best player in OU secondary may be a freshman

2. Texas coming off historically dominant dB recruiting haul

3. Best player in Texas’s secondary will not be a freshman

ergo 4. Texas should be trepidatious regarding the OU defense

I think I got it

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:14 PM, lemonandaturd said:

Lane and the Florida boys are going to scare the shit out of little Lincoln and the Midget.  It would be quite nice if Lane Kiffin wins this one.  

I dunno if they're all that scary.  Especially if Robinson is their starting qb.  And their defense really wont scare Riley.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, Magus Ossis said:

1. Best player in OU secondary may be a freshman

2. Texas coming off historically dominant dB recruiting haul

3. Best player in Texas’s secondary will not be a freshman

ergo 4. Texas should be trepidatious regarding the OU defense

I think I got it

1. Probably.

2. Right on

3. Awesome

4. Naw, Not sure how you came to that conclusion.   I'm just saying they'll be better this year on defense.  I'd say they'll give up 10% less yards per game

• Fuck You 1