Big 12 Rosters

texasstrong12

On 7/25/2018 at 11:10 AM, Texas Town said:

Not really but losing depth at DB and DE will hurt.

- Sylvie was competing for a starting spot at Safety, which might be their weakest position after losing both 2017 starters to graduation expiration of eligibility.

- Redmond (DE/LB) would have cracked the 2-deep to help fill the void left by Okoronkwo.  Scary health situation for Redmond, hope he recovers.

FIFY

On 7/16/2018 at 12:27 PM, angelos's frog said:

Ridwan Issahaku is no longer on the TCU roster.  He started 12 games last year and a few the year before but he didn't play in the Alamo Bowl last season.  Innis Gaines started the bowl game and will take Issahaku's place.  Issahaku was a very good player the last couple of years but Gaines has the potential to be an all-conference, if not all-American, quality player.  I think he will be the fastest safety Patterson has ever had and he's 6'2" 205 lbs and hits like a LB. 

And Issahaku is back on the team, at least for now.  I'm not sure what is going on there. 

Sounds like Tech's starting corner Octavious Morgan has a serious injury. My understanding is he was going to play a big role this year. https://247sports.com/college/texas-tech/Board/104535/Contents/Octavious-Morgan-120599056/

http://www.lubbockonline.com/news/20180811/red-raiders-concerned-for-cornerback-morgan-after-scrimmage

Edited by texasstrong12

On 8/15/2018 at 6:09 PM, Machinator said:

Big loss for TCU's defense.

He’s arguably the best NFL Nose Tackle prospect in the Patterson years.   They’ve had tons of good edge guys and scrappy interior guys but few true war daddies.   Big testament to them being able to find guys who fit what they want to do and coaching them up.

3 minutes ago, S11 said:

He’s arguably the best NFL Nose Tackle prospect in the Patterson years.   They’ve had tons of good edge guys and scrappy interior guys but few true war daddies.   Big testament to them being able to find guys who fit what they want to do and coaching them up.

Losing him alters their defense completely this season. Fat Patty was trying to go away from being small up the middle, and yet here he is again, fat, sweaty gunt and all.

On 8/21/2018 at 3:29 PM, texasstrong12 said:

Btw, Ward completely cleared.  All just a matter of simple incompetence by Lubbock PD.  Ward's roommate stole cell phones and used  Ward's ID.  Issue was cleared up in June for Ward, but for some unknown reason a warrant was issued anyway.  Drug their feet releasing him even after lawyer provided paperwork demonstrated Ward's non-involvement.

What happened to that OL that transferred to OKState from Minnesota last year?  He was from Galena Park I think, Tyler Moore?  Started a bunch of games at Minnesota and figured he'd be the starting Center for Gundy this year  but he isn't on the depth chart and not even on the roster.

20 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

What happened to that OL that transferred to OKState from Minnesota last year?  He was from Galena Park I think, Tyler Moore?  Started a bunch of games at Minnesota and figured he'd be the starting Center for Gundy this year  but he isn't on the depth chart and not even on the roster.

Looked like Tarzan, played like Mary.

42 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Mike Stoops is brimming with confidence.

Has a Stoops brother ever opened a season in which they didn’t their defense was poised to be the best they’ve had? 

If you are ever really bored and want to entertain yourself, go watch a just-before-the-season press conference of Mike Stoops at Arizona. This motherfucker really thought he had it all figured out. Hilarious shit. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We've had a few notable moves.

Justice Hill is going pro and not participating in our bowl game.

Jordan Brailford is also going pro but is participating in the bowl game.

Both of these were expected.

Darrion Daniels (DT) who was lost for the season with an injury back in late September is transferring via the graduate transfer rule. He would have been a RS Senior next year.  That one hurts a little because our DL will be basically 100% new next year.

7 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

We've had a few notable moves.

Justice Hill is going pro and not participating in our bowl game.

Jordan Brailford is also going pro but is participating in the bowl game.

Both of these were expected.

Darrion Daniels (DT) who was lost for the season with an injury back in late September is transferring via the graduate transfer rule. He would have been a RS Senior next year.  That one hurts a little because our DL will be basically 100% new next year.

I see John Kolar is transferring to ISU.  That's be a grad transfer situation, yes?  

Unable to spell"Lamar" or "McDongle". Welcome to West Virginia.

1 hour ago, SnowAggy said:

I see John Kolar is transferring to ISU.  That's be a grad transfer situation, yes?  

Oh yes... forgot about him.

That's correct.  He was like a 4-star QB recruit several years ago but could never get past #3 on the depth chart.  With Cornellius beating him out this year and Spencer Sanders the odds on favorite to start next year as a RS Freshman I think he saw the writing on the wall.

I guess his brother is playing at ISU so he wanted to finish out his eligibility on the same team.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

They will be fine if Holgerson stays. He is the new Bill Snyder of the early 2000's. Seems about half his team is transfers of some sort.

They did alright filling holes this year on defense but that's because there wasn't a huge talent gap to fill. 

But they aren't replacing Stills, Jennings, Grier, Long, and Cajuste with transfers. All of those guys are NFL caliber talent. 

Unless they start landing some high end talent WV is going to be in rebuild mode. That's why I  buy these rumors of Holgo being interested in UH. He better get his ass out of there while he still can. 

12 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

They did alright filling holes this year on defense but that's because there wasn't a huge talent gap to fill. 

But they aren't replacing Stills, Jennings, Grier, Long, and Cajuste with transfers. All of those guys are NFL caliber talent. 

Unless they start landing some high end talent WV is going to be in rebuild mode. That's why I  buy these rumors of Holgo being interested in UH. He better get his ass out of there while he still can. 

They also had the Clemson and USC transfers on the DL.

8 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

So you guys are saying we have no excuse to be anything other than conference champs next yeas?

Depends on what happens with LJH, CJ and Brandon Jones. 

My guess is Texas would be the preseason pick to win the Big 12 if all 3 return. Maybe just 2. 

Edited by texasstrong12

On 12/30/2018 at 10:34 AM, texasstrong12 said:

Depends on what happens with LJH, CJ and Brandon Jones. 

My guess is Texas would be the preseason pick to win the Big 12 if all 3 return. Maybe just 2. 

I was worried about the defense next season and still am but fuck. New coaches everywhere. Sam, Purdy, Brewer and Bowman are the only returning QBs. Slightly easier OOC schedule for the first time in what seems like forever. Fuck it, why not?

I laughed at the thread about Big 12 or bust next season but now I'm not so sure. Obviously a lot of time between now and then but at this point, I'd say it's a reasonable expectation. Or at least making the game again is. 

2 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I was worried about the defense next season and still am but fuck. New coaches everywhere. Sam, Purdy, Brewer and Bowman are the only returning QBs. Slightly easier OOC schedule for the first time in what seems like forever. Fuck it, why not?

I laughed at the thread about Big 12 or bust next season but now I'm not so sure. Obviously a lot of time between now and then but at this point, I'd say it's a reasonable expectation. Or at least making the game again is. 

Reasonable or not, the fan base at large is going to hold winning the Big 12 as a success, and anything less than that a disappointment.