Big 12 Rosters

texasstrong12

Reasonable or not, the fan base at large is going to hold winning the Big 12 as a success, and anything less than that a disappointment.

We need to start expecting the big 12 title game and winning it every year. It’s the surest path to beating out OU for a playoff spot.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 8:07 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is this pretty much everybody in the Big 12 that we expected to leave early?

I know we are still waiting to see if the LSU linebacker goes as far as next years opponents as well.

Lucas Niang, 2nd team all Big 12 OT asked for an eval and got a return to school grade.  He's huge but he's a true junior and word is he's probably staying but it's not 100% certain.

23 hours ago, South Austin said:

I'm not sure that the post-game photo from the Cheez-It's Bowl is TCU's best look.

Don't diss a Cheez-It's Bowl Championship.  ;)   Anyway, I prefer to look on the bright side.  Our defense played lights out and we ran for 262 yds without a functional quarterback against the #16 defense in the nation.  

On 1/11/2019 at 6:14 PM, texasstrong12 said:

Tramonda Moore would actually be a fairly significant loss if he's gone.

Edit-hadn't realized Moore was kicked off the team. Still fairly significant. 

Fuck. I want every single of their shitty DBs to come back for more.

BJ Thompson is transferring from Baylor. Somewhat significant. 

1) Baylor is short on edge rush types. I haven't followed their depth chart closely but he's their most talented edge rusher. I'm betting he would have started next year. 

2) Finished 2nd in sacks and 3rd in QB hurries this year as So. 

It's been a rough start to the offseason for Baylor losing both Hand and Thompson. Hand had been on-again off-again starter at corner.  

Edited by texasstrong12

12 hours ago, Machinator said:

DE transfer from South Carolina: 

Based on everything I've read this guy is a total headcase. If I remember correctly he missed part of his FR year because he was shot. 

He's apparently had grade and character issues since he's been at South Carolina. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Based on everything I've read this guy is a total headcase. If I remember correctly he missed part of his FR year because he was shot. 

He's apparently had grade and character issues since he's been at South Carolina. 

So an average TCU player? Why didnt you say so.

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

BJ Thompson is transferring from Baylor. Somewhat significant. 

1) Baylor is short on edge rush types. I haven't followed their depth chart closely but he's their most talented edge rusher. I'm betting he would have started next year. 

2) Finished 2nd in sacks and 3rd in QB hurries this year as So. 

It's been a rough start to the offseason for Baylor losing both Hand and Thompson. Hand had been on-again off-again starter at corner.  

I remember him! Insanely athletic, super raw, decided to go somewhere he could start soon, rather than a real blueblood.

https://247sports.com/Player/BJ-Thompson-90196/

A bit sad it didn't work out for him, I always kinda root for those late riser athlete types to put it all together.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I remember him! Insanely athletic, super raw, decided to go somewhere he could start soon, rather than a real blueblood.

https://247sports.com/Player/BJ-Thompson-90196/

A bit sad it didn't work out for him, I always kinda root for those late riser athlete types to put it all together.

Yeah, he's a freak athletically. He blocked 3 or 4 kicks this year. 

I think he's a headcase though. He was suspended the first two games of the year and this "transfer" sounds like it was more of a dismissal (at least based on this sicem365 thread). Either way, they seem to think this is a fairly significant loss. 

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/39890

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think he's a headcase though. He was suspended the first two games of the year and this "transfer" sounds like it was more of a dismissal (at least based on this sicem365 thread). Either way, they seem to think this is a fairly significant loss. 

Welp, fuck Baylor at least.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Welp, fuck Baylor at least.

That '17 class actually had some good players but man they are getting hit hard by attrition. Transition recruiting classes strike again. 

I think they've already lost Justin Harris, Demarco Artis, Timarcus Davis, BJ Thompson, Harrison Hand. 5 of their top 11 commits from that class. 

Edited by texasstrong12

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'd discount that a bit.  It's always hard to know if that's homer sour grapes or legit reporting. 

12 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

That '17 class actually had some good players but man they are getting hit hard by attrition. Transition recruiting classes strike again. 

I think they've already lost Justin Harris, Demarco Artis, Timarcus Davis, BJ Thompson, Harrison Hand. 5 of their top 11 commits from that class. 

When Rhule interviewed for NFL spots for second year in a row, he lost credibility with some players.  Bet some of his 2019 NSD1 recruits wish they had not signed with Baylor.....

44 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

When Rhule interviewed for NFL spots for second year in a row, he lost credibility with some players.  Bet some of his 2019 NSD1 recruits wish they had not signed with Baylor.....

Outside of rapists, is anyone really happy they signed with Baylor?