Naked and Afraid

RPM

I'm wondering if Jeff might be on the spectrum.  I get all the signs of narcissism and whatnot, but he seems genuinely surprised and hurt when folks "play the game" in a similar fashion.  Thing is, part of the "game" is social, and he blew that up on Day 1.  

I'm interested as to how they're going to cull the herd over the next 25 days.  Nobody looks ready to tap at this point.

I thought it was pretty ballsy of Dan to just help himself to Gary and Waz's honey stash, granted, it wasn't the easiest resource to divide for sharing.  Waz needed to say something if his share was still in the pot. 

Not knowing how eliminations are going to work makes it hard to plan for the social game.  I like Gary's approach of not being a total asshole to Jeff, just in case, though I don't see it helping at all because Jeff is still Jeff. 

I'm curious to see which groups Jeff and Matt join.  It was funny as hell watching Jeff essentially run to the next zone, when there was no reason whatsoever to do so.   

A fucking whole lot of dumb shit in this one, but Discovery really does need to fix one thing. 

Figure out a way for their bags to not be such a main character. We know the transmitters for their necklace mics are there, but it’s basically comical how badly they have to protect them. 

This is 2023, subs blow up, we don’t need canvas bags. 

• 2 weeks later...

Matt sucked in this season even before the injury. I mean he isn't on EJ level of "past his prime" but he was pretty forgettable this season

To be fair they have all been pretty shitty for being "the best!!!" No one can kill shit. Barely anyone has caught a fish. Just pretty meh.

How many fucking cutting tools do they need?

• Like 1

Matt sucked in this season even before the injury. I mean he isn't on EJ level of "past his prime" but he was pretty forgettable this season

To be fair they have all been pretty shitty for being "the best!!!" No one can kill shit. Barely anyone has caught a fish. Just pretty meh.

How many fucking cutting tools do they need?

I’ve enjoyed this iteration. Jeff being the villain appeals to me

I’ve enjoyed this iteration. Jeff being the villain appeals to me
Yeah i mean thats fine and all but none of them are doing much survival shit. They are finding caches. Which they are told where they are. Lol amazing.

Someone kill something or someone already
  • Hook 'Em 1

At this point, I want either Gary or Steven to win.

Waz is a useless, POS.  Him telling others what to do w/o seemingly accomplishing anything himself rubs me the wrong way.

Dan is ok, but a follower.

Steven seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Gary is crazy, but funny and fair.

Jeff.  Geez man.  I know he got somewhat screwed by the producers.  I don't think they gave the contestants clear guidance as to how this was supposed to go.  They've always been there to help their partner make it to the end.  Suddenly, they're supposed to not want anyone else to get to the end EXCEPT at the beginning where they wouldn't make it unless their partner made it to day 21.  It seems convoluted.  

All that being said, one can be confident, even cocky, without denigrating others.  His play doesn't bother me as much as his mouth.  For example, keeping the pelts to himself is a perfectly fine strategy if that's what the game is supposed to be.  Rubbing it in and making others suffer takes it too far.

Anyway, curious as to how this ends up.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m glad Matt got eliminated. My God he was so annoying this season and always had an excuse. No doubt his leg was fucked up, but shut up. Jeff has carried this season imo. But we know these shows are somewhat scripted, with contestants magically catching 5 fish the day before extraction haha. Wouldn’t shock me if Jeff ends up about to win it all, then has this come to Jesus moment and decides to split the pot  and walk out hand in hand with his brothers - has this life lesson on what it means to be a team or some shit. Or if not Jeff, I’m sure it ends up in a similar fashion with the “team” aspect prevailing and them splitting the pot and the finalist walking out all together as brothers in arms lol. 

Edited by hundredTT
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah I have always liked Waz....didn't care who won really between him and Dan. Just didn't want Jeffs dumbass to win.

He is such a dipshit. Wouldn't stop talking shit up until the end and then failed. I love when people like that fail. Acting like he had stored all this dry wood and was gonna knock it out and "wasn't gonna tell the others how good he was doing" then sucked lol.

• Hook 'Em 1

As previously stated, I wasn't a huge fan of Waz; however, when he began to discuss doing this for his family, I was cool with him winning.  Between this show and Alone, I have a soft spot for those that are doing it for their kids/wives.  

I have so much respect for what these guys went through w/ the fire building.  The most difficult thing I've ever done - physically - was running a marathon w/o training.  I finished, but ended up in the ER that evening.  I did that AFTER eating everything I wanted, sleeping in a bed, having AC, driving to the course, etc... I then suffered for a few hours before again getting food, water, and health care.  They went through 2-3 days of extreme everything AFTER suffering for 40 days.  Wow.

• Hook 'Em 1

That ending was fucking amazing! Great series, better than I thought. And anyone who has tried to make fire understands, I quit after 40 mins. These dudes literally worse themselves to the end! So much respect! Waz is a beast! 

Edited by hundredTT
  • Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
Candice is a dime for sure.

The fact that they're out there with NOTHING, no fire started, no knife, no pot, is a first...should be interesting.
"Nothing"

Discovery bought a bunch of random shit to help them off ebay and dropped it in the area lol
  • Hook 'Em 1