Deadliest Catch Season 15

RPM

I want to know how a chick named Sophia winds up going by Bob. 
https://www.instagram.com/sophiarosebud/

She seems like a cool chick based on her ig. Nice to look at, hunts, shoots guns, rides motorsickles, is redoing her boat. So far I like Bob.

I predict the Summer Bay is going to be more volatile than issues with poachers. Wild Bill doesn’t play well with others. Ever. I think Harley is going to have challenges with his co-captain.
The need all this new blood though.

Question: isn’t the Coast Guard supposed to be protecting this fishery from these poachers?

35 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

She seems like a cool chick based on her ig. Nice to look at, hunts, shoots guns, rides motorsickles, is redoing her boat. So far I like Bob.

I predict the Summer Bay is going to be more volatile than issues with poachers. Wild Bill doesn’t play well with others. Ever. I think Harley is going to have challenges with his co-captain.
The need all this new blood though.

Question: isn’t the Coast Guard supposed to be protecting this fishery from these poachers?

Narrator: the poachers aren't new, or worse than before. This article is from nearly 2 decades ago about how bad poachers were hurting the market. https://www.alaskajournal.com/community/2006-09-10/illegal-crab-pinching-market-alaska-fishermen 

Pretty meh transition episode especially following a good premiere. I realize much of it is scripted, but Jake just continues to be too trusting. He should have at least traded his bairdi info for a favor down the road. Unless… they all work for Trident and he’s contractually operated to help the fleet. 

I know they’re never, ever, going to show him on camera, but is Edgar the Northwestern’s engineer? 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Figured, they didn't leave much for the drama. 

Yeah. Kind of a sad ending. Something similar happened to me with my grandmother. 

Probably not the best forum for it, but maybe it’ll reach someone. If a loved one is in hospice care, go immediately to visit. I waited until the morning and just missed saying good bye to my Granny. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

No way anybody grabs the phone, tells the captain to do his job, then hangs up on him.  I'm surprised Keith didn't throw him overboard.  Then again, we all understand that most of this stuff is made up.

That guy was a deckhand for a few years in Saga and was shown to be a good hard worker before injury. It’s all fake. Even Sogntelljg Norm about their mom had to be fake for camera cause Edgar is on the boat still. 

Yeah, that's all fake.  Keith isn't a good enough actor to pull that off.  You could tell when he left the wheelhouse and was bowing up on the deck yelling that it was an act.

How does a crab pot cost $4000? It seems like it’s basically a few welds and some cyclone fence.

23 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

How does a crab pot cost $4000? It seems like it’s basically a few welds and some cyclone fence.

The manufacturer in 2018 said they cost $1,250 each

https://www.heraldnet.com/business/an-arlington-companys-crab-pots-star-on-deadliest-catch/#:~:text=On the other hand%2C “king,traps sell for %241%2C250 each.

On 4/27/2023 at 10:45 PM, Lat22 said:

I wonder if the pots have something built into them so they don’t become ghost traps when lost. 

Saw it on an early season where the pots have a biodegradable "rot cord" that breaks down after a number of days so anything can get out at that point.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/27/2023 at 5:37 PM, The Ace of Aces said:

Sure but how much to ship them up to Dutch?

7 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Ol’ boy Monte ain’t exactly jumping back on deck to help. 

Sean appears to be playing AA-ball now. Always thought he was fairly successful before. 

Yeah what's up with the guy Sean was going to partner with? He seemed like a slacker, which I'm sure was exacerbated for dramatic purposes.

14 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Ol’ boy Monte ain’t exactly jumping back on deck to help. 

Sean appears to be playing AA-ball now. Always thought he was fairly successful before. 

Dwyer owns and operates three boats and is the also now the fleet experience manager for Trident. 

I haven't watched the latest ep as I haven't needed background noise ... did they show him trying to get a job on deck of another boat or something? That'd be hilarious if the writers did that. 

I think Sean made a business decision on paper before doing his due diligence, to park the Brenna A and share his quota with another boat. He said he wanted to save the $50k it would take to get his boat provisioned and ready to go.

I think it might have made for some great high seas comedy between Sean and the wackiest ship in the fleet.

Supposedly Rick is an expert captain, well regarded, and catches crab and controls a shitton of quota. I’d like to know his role in this ruse. DC is now as staged as WWE.

All this poacher drama is also nonsense. All the boats have NOAA observers on board unseen on camera. The loads have to be certified when offloaded. The Coast Guard would be out there enforcing fishery restrictions.

The show is practically unwatchable.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think the general situation for most of these fishermen is a wide range of issues: booze, drugs, broken marriages. In and out of work.

I would think there is a fair amount of opioid addiction from dealing with injuries and speed for the long hours of grueling work.

• Hook 'Em 1