Amazon workers are listening to what you tell Alexa

Parliament

I blame this naivete on the post-WW2 nuclear family, styrene plastic model-airplane kits and their requisite glue, as well as Malibu Barbie (who actually should have been good at math class, seeing as how she was modeled after a German prostitute.)
Prior to WW2, people either lived in pestilential tenements/almost-touching shotgun shacks, and possibly spied on each other, or they were well enough off to have servants, who definitely spied. Our great-great-grandparents had sense enough to keep their yaps shut. We must relearn that.

Blah blah blah “German prostitute”.....go on.

On 4/11/2019 at 8:18 PM, BrickHorn said:

Yes.  I have family that thought it was crazy when I said I didn’t want an Alexa because it was spying.  That was a couple years ago.  It’s since come out that Amazon, Facebook, and other companies are listening.  Which should have been obvious to anyone who pays attention to those companies’s business models.

Do you also choose not to have a cell phone?

Man I hope some of my utterances are hung on the employee lounge wall under best AI rage rants. You know these engineers see and hear some weird shit, though, so my “fuck you Siri, you dumb fucking cunt” messages are probably just lost in the noise. I do know Spotify seems to respond to “fuck this commercial” by playing that commercial over and over in an attempt to get you to subscribe to premium. I’m convinced their ads are only about selling Spotify premium, even if they’re for other products entirely.

Unless you are really unplugged, the machine knows more about you than you know about yourself.
Everything  is being collected and meta data AI is getting better and better.
At some point there will be buttons
A) Order food
B) Take a vacation
C) Buy a car
D) Get laid
They won't need to ask any additional questions.

E) order gas

https://filld.com/

On 4/12/2019 at 6:04 PM, SDG said:

Targeted adds creep me out so I switched all my search engine on all of my devices to DuckDuckGo and most, if not all, of it went away.  I’m not very concerned about any of the other surveillance stuff but have zero need for an “electric assistant.” 

I’m going to try this some more. I downloaded the app, and the very first search I did was about WWII POW death rates, and the second result was a thread on Sh@ggy that I think I posted on. That was a weird fucking coincidence. 

I don't buy that all of these devices are listening and analyzing what you're saying to make money. Amazon has too much at risk to use Alexas to spy on you.  I think its more that you probably see ads everyday that you don't consciously notice. Then when you start to think (or say) that you need Product X, then you start to notice the ad.  

And as far as Amazon employees (or Apple or Google) listening to recordings of people, of course they are.  If someone makes the same statement 100x and Alexa can't interpret it, they need someone to analyze the problem to figure out why Alexa is making the mistake. Does the person have poor pronunciation, uses too much slang, unexpected accent, etc.  My guess is that the workers themselves have no insight into the customer.  Amazon isn't going to shrug their shoulders and not attempt to get their software to produce better results.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie