What would it take for you to be all-in on Shaka?

HookEm

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He looked terrible all year. He looked totally capable of playing minutes but was bad. But yes, my judgement was bad. 

To me he looked like a player who just missed a year and half of D1 competition and just came off chemo a month before the season started. Im still stunned he's playing this well this deep into the season. I didn't expect anything approaching this until next year some time. 

• Like 4

My problem with Shaka isn't just that our team's performance in his tenure has been extremely poor.  I also don't find him as likeable as many of you do.  There is no authenticity in anything he says or does.  He comes across as someone who is trying really hard to say what he thinks people want to hear in order to hide the fact that he is clueless.  I don't think he is actually as clueless as he appears to be, but I also don't think that he has the ability to convince me otherwise.  

I'd much rather have Tom the authentic asshole, than whatever Shaka is pretending to be. 

I suppose I could live with it if Shaka suddenly became very good at his job, but we are a looooooong way from me believing that he has. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Shaka is a shitty coach.

I think we’re gonna find out a lot more about this in a few hours.  Team has heard how great they are all week, and we scored 4 field goals in the last 10 minutes the other night.  OSU might have the potential to outshoot us 20 to 2 from the line.  I give us a 50/50 chance to win the game.  

Weltlich is a good comparison.  We would go to men’s basketball games to study because it was so quiet in the EC.  Boring basketball, utterly uninspiring product.  And he stayed at least two years too long (really his whole tenure was too long).  Penders came in and made a run his first year with the BMW 3 guard offense (Weltlich’s players). 

• Like 1

Beard, Underwood and their ilk have made it hard to be lenient with a guy who’s recruited well but coached poorly as a whole. For me, he’s gone unless the team can at the very least get into the round of 32. Even then I’d have no argument against letting him go. I just feel we can do better, and should. 

with Beilein being out there and available, i just cannot fathom keeping Shaka short of a run to the FF. it's pretty hard to fire a guy who just took tour team to the Final Four. but short of that, the fact is that Beilein >>>>>> Shaka, and we know this. as long as he's available Shaka should essentially be a dead man walking.