Shaggy fantasy hoops 2021

shadow_operative

ok, i have everyone's keepers tracked on a spreadsheet.  we are working hybrid schedules at work right now and i will be back in the office tomorrow.  will work on the draft order first thing as i think it will be much easier to do on a PC with a second monitor than it will on a tiny laptop. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I think that is correct now that I think about it. The fantasy football leagues I am in left ESPN because of it. Basically, we had to hold this players and force the manager to draft the player when the proper time came.

As you imagine, people timing out/losing connection led to pausing the drafts and removing the picks to continue.

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

so i'm not sure keepers are going to be able to work the way we have talked about.  i have assigned everyone's keepers and edited the draft order but there does not appear to be any option to go in and take away or black out specific picks in specific rounds....

We can just honor system it. No one set any keepers on ESPN. Then just provide everyone with a list of who the keepers are or who is "unavailable". When it comes to the round that is designated for your keeper you draft him.

Edited by ztejas

17 hours ago, ztejas said:

We can just honor system it. No one set any keepers on ESPN. Then just provide everyone with a list of who the keepers are or who is "unavailable". When it comes to the round that is designated for your keeper you draft him.

i'm fine with this approach if everyone else is.

It's actually kind of nice, too, because you could always flex out of your keeper if you want. Say the draft is going a certain way you didn't expect or you just change your mind. I don't think anyone is going to "make" you take the guy you're supposed to. 

It's actually kind of nice, too, because you could always flex out of your keeper if you want. Say the draft is going a certain way you didn't expect or you just change your mind. I don't think anyone is going to "make" you take the guy you're supposed to. 

Wouldn’t this cause issues though? Many of the guys kept are above their draft positions round wise. Wouldn’t this give an unfair advantage to the person drafting after the person who decided to not keep someone? IE: if it was known that you were not keeping the guy, he would have been drafted earlier.

4 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

Wouldn’t this give an unfair advantage to the person drafting after the person who decided to not keep someone?

Keeping anyone in the first place would be an unfair advantage by that logic - right? I'm not keeping anyone so y'all can decide. Fine either way just spit balling.

The following picks are keepers:

3rd round: @Radical Larry - Trae Young, pick #22, @BallamaticBevo - Jayson Tatum, pick #23, Durdy - Paul George, pick #26, @RexWilson - Devin Booker, pick #28

5th round: @shadow_operative - Damontas Sabonis, pick #47, @RexWilson - Kevin Durant, pick #48, @Capn81 - Khris Middleton, pick #49

6th round: @Timbo52 - Ja Morant, pick #57, BigOrange - Bam Adebayo, pick #60

7th round: @RCRanger03 - Chris Paul, pick #65

10th round: @shadow_operative - Fred VanVleet, pick #94, @BallamaticBevo - Dennis Schroder, pick #98, BigOrange - SGA, pick #100

11th round: Durdy - Tristian Thompson, pick #106, @Capn81 - Brandon Ingram, pick #109

should we consider doing a live draft right here? i know that it could get a little complicated, but as of right now it seems like there's a whole lot that can go wrong if we try to to an ESPN online draft. i mean one person not showing up kills the whole thing, right? just wanted to throw that out there for consideration.

Keeping anyone in the first place would be an unfair advantage by that logic - right? I'm not keeping anyone so y'all can decide. Fine either way just spit balling.

But we know in advance. My point is, keepers ahead of time are locked in, so everyone knows who is off the board. The keepers are an advantage for a good draft the year prior, but we know who is locked in due to savvy drafting.

I know that I am using an extreme example here, but if the person who keeps KD decides in round six that he will let him go, that gives a huge boost to the person who picks after that individuals spot because we held a first round player five rounds past where he would have gone if let go prior to the draft.

Does the Commish have the ability to freeze the draft/make picks/move people to top of the queue?
 Not sure how draconian your powers are

Yeah they do. The draft has to be paused, pick then removed, and then the commission has to pick the best player available for the individual if they time out.

Having the draft in here seems like it would be troublesome from keeping track of who has been drafted, and will add time on top of the espn draft due to the timer not being active. No great way to do it IMO, but I think on ESPN app/webpage would be cleaner.

1 hour ago, Capn81 said:

but if the person who keeps KD decides in round six that he will let him go, that gives a huge boost to the person who picks after that individuals spot

That isn't going to happen. If it really is an issue then just forget what I said and "lock" the keeper picks before the draft. I was more just suggesting a potential course of action than how it needs to be. 

I think the autodraft is the bigger issue. Although I can't imagine why any of you would autodraft in a money keeper league.

That isn't going to happen. If it really is an issue then just forget what I said and "lock" the keeper picks before the draft. I was more just suggesting a potential course of action than how it needs to be. 
I think the autodraft is the bigger issue. Although I can't imagine why any of you would autodraft in a money keeper league.

I agree that the likely scenario doesn’t play out, but it gets messy if it does!

On 12/18/2020 at 11:44 AM, BigOrange1 said:

ok, there are 15 players on the do not draft list:

Trae Young

Jayson Tatum

Devin Booker

KD

Paul George

Bam Adebayo

Fred VanVleet

Khris Middleton

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

Chris Paul

Ja Morant

Domontas Sabonis

Brandon Ingram

Dennis Schroder

Tristan Thompson

add Robert Covington to this list. he's being kept as well. 

7 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

You can edit your keepers on the app and website. It's on your team home page. You can change them up to an hour before the draft. 

yeah i've had mine set for a long time, but i went and checked just now and they weren't set for some reason. teams might want to go check on that. 

updated:

3rd round: @Radical Larry - Trae Young, pick #22, @BallamaticBevo - Jayson Tatum, pick #23, Durdy - Paul George, pick #26, @RexWilson - Devin Booker, pick #28

5th round: @shadow_operative - Damontas Sabonis, pick #47, @RexWilson - Kevin Durant, pick #48, @Capn81 - Khris Middleton, pick #49

6th round: @Timbo52 - Ja Morant, pick #57, BigOrange - Bam Adebayo, pick #60

7th round: @RCRanger03 - Chris Paul, pick #65

9th round: @Timbo52– Robert Covington, pick #84

10th round: @shadow_operative - Fred VanVleet, pick #94, @BallamaticBevo - Dennis Schroder, pick #98, BigOrange - SGA, pick #100

11th round: Durdy - Tristian Thompson, pick #106, @Capn81 - Brandon Ingram, pick #109

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

You can edit your keepers on the app and website. It's on your team home page. You can change them up to an hour before the draft. 

21 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

yeah i've had mine set for a long time, but i went and checked just now and they weren't set for some reason. teams might want to go check on that. 

No one set them on the site. We are doing it manually. Make sure you're selections are in @BigOrange1's latest post and draft them with the corresponding pick.

Yeah, I caught the message earlier about setting and set them but will need them removed. If they cannot be removed, I will just take it as being SOL.

Unfortunately, work needed me to get things done today, so I was watching the thread out of one corner of my eye. Did not catch that we did not. Red to do that.

I am done with work for now, so I will be at the draft.